Monday, March 6

High as a (edited)

Today was beautifully bright, sunny and much warmer than recently. A good breeze picked up, just after lunchtime, providing the best kite flying conditions known to man. Off came the wasp's roof and driving about was quite bearable, with scarves donned and the heating on full blast. I had to hook my deckies over my toes to protect them from becoming charred stumps however.
After finding a plateau suitable for the deed, out came the kite and what a kite! My traditional, hexagonal one is still in Greece and it is a real pain to get going, but this one was a flyer. A bit of attention was necessary not to run into the road with it, or fall over backwards but all in all, it was a hoot and there were no injuries to report.
This evening, we went to a Greek restaurant for the works. The word on the grapevine over the last couple of days was that they were even going to make lagana (see below) and they did. Had a fantastic meal of kalamarakia (fried baby squid), pickles, taramosalata, dolmadakia etc etc. Did go a bit over the top with a shared lobby though, but the food was terrific, so couldn't resist. All washed down with cold beer.
A few years ago, I had ouzo on Kathara Deftera. Many people do, as it accompanies seafood well. I will never ever do that again. I felt like a zombie for the following three days.

9 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

There's something odd about this collage... can't quite put my toes on it... ;-)

Looks like a fun time was had. ;-D

Cheshire Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fuff said...

It was thank you T&B, I can't move though at the moment.

Cheshire Cat said...

I'm very envious of the kite flying and the delish meal for afters. And lobby! :'-(

I'm feeling quite melancholic now. ;-)

Fuff said...

No need Tea, It was tiring and I feel billious, hehe.

rob said...

How did you take the photos! not with one hand? how did you control the kite and do the photo bit?

Fuff said...

Ah, Rob. That will be because I wasn't flying the kite when the pics were taken , whilst scouring the ground for the lens cap I'd dropped.

rob said...

Te he! I would love to have a go at Kite boarding! I watch them Off Brighton and they go like mad and jump thirty feet into the air on them! Wow!!!! it looks such fun, if the sea was warm that is. When diesel really goes up I will get a big one to hook onto my boat but I doubt that I will be able to "get on the Plane though" :o((

Fuff said...

Rob, I thought the RYA had one the red diesel campaign and it's staying down (for now anyway)?