This afternoon we went out to fly the kite. Just to get a bit of fresh air and blow off the cobwebs. Kite flying may not seem like the most energetic of past times, but trying to avoid being divebombed in the head really gets the pace going, as well as trying to keep the thing in the air. Backwards running is hard work.
After about an hour and a half, we broke it and had to pack up. I hadn't remembered my camera but it was quite murky, so didn't really think of it. That is, until two beautiful baby roe deer skipped across the road and stopped in the woodland to look right back at us, before charging off, out of sight. I was spitting nails.
This was such a treat. There are only around three hundred and fifty roe deer in the New Forest and to see babies was magical.
I shall now remember to take my camera with me all the time. I missed a rainbow rising from a buoy last week, which was unfortunate, but today's sighting was unmissable.
8 years ago
1 comment:
You're spitting nails and I'm crying at the no pics. Sniff sniff. ;0)
Post a Comment