Tuesday, March 14

What Not to Wear

Tomorrow is Fur's Grandad's funeral. We're not going, as his mother's side of the family is knee deep in rifts, so it's probably not such a bad thing, but still not ideal. The plus side is that I get to escape the monster in law. He he. I'm getting quite good at that.
Friday is my cousin's. I've decided to go as all of the family will be there and I'll only worry if I don't. Also, I've made a sort of plan as to what I'll do in the event that it all gets too much.
Whilst pondering over the arrangements for the last half hour or so, I suddenly realised that I have absolutely bugger all to wear. Panic. None of my clothes are sombre. All of my clothes go with deckies apart from my suits and even they're not exactly suitable colours.
I'm going to have to go shopping tomorrow. NOOOOOOOO!

6 comments:

rob said...

Right descision, but not pleasant! don`t forget its as much a celebration of her life, as it is for her passing! Sombre is old fashioned! These days your much better regarded by attending than the colours you wear. If it gets too much you can cry! there is nothing wrong with this act, in fact its expected at funerals. I sometimes think that the people at "the front" (doing the service and reading the speech)write their scripts(from details given by the family as they probably didn`t know the departed) so as to cause as much heartbreak as possible, then score themselves (out of ten) as to how good it was by how many people cry and how much tip they get afterwards(professionals that is not family who genuinly cared). Its all part of the human need to grieve and as she has been ill for a while? I guess that some of the grieving has been done already so it may be a more upbeat thing if it ever could be! I hope all goes well, if you dont want to cry from emotion? cry from pain and bite your tongue! yes! I`m a jaundiced old man,I hate funerals! particularily my own, which I have decided not to turn up for ;o))

Fuff said...

Thanks Rob :)

Sarah Letnes said...

Rob is right. The last three funerals I attended had fairly wide ranges of dress. At one, I felt downright overdone in my black suit next to the guy in a T-shirt.

SC said...

Agreed with the wise words above. I would wear what you feel comfortable in Fuffling, nothing more and nothing less. Before you know it it'll be over and you'll be talking about how it went and laughing about all the good times you had.

The funeral isn't the be all and end all. You're already honouring her memory by sharing her with us. Your eloquent pictures speak volumes too.

(Apart from the ones of Thumper the Wino.)

I've just realised I've had enough of seeing myself in my underpants on other people's blogs. I'm going to change my picture...

Fuff said...

Thank you SC! I wonder if Sin reads me bloog..

Fuff said...

It turned out that Lindsay didn't want black at the funeral. There was plenty of it there. I didn't go all black in the end and felt better for it.