English weather is the pits. Every time for the last week I have mentioned sailing on this blog, the weather has had a fit.
The squalls today were impressive and very annoying. I'm no fair weather sailor, but clouds with more than 30 knots of winds and rain in them are not only frustrating, when frequent, but potentially boat damaging.
Whizz Bang got into a bit of bother, about 2 hours before finishing his race, when his rudder broke. It took them 30 hours with a jury rig to get back across the Channel. I was worried about them as they were out of contact and the coastguard had been trying to call them up on the VHF yesterday. We though he'd lost his rig, as he's very good at that. I was quite relieved when we found out that they were all OK.
I'm going stir crazy. Bored out of my mind, can't sit still.
If the unsettled, crappy weather continues, I'm going to start sailing a fast dinghy that likes going out in gales, or join in with Fur's windsurfing. Anything to get out on the water. Sniffle.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Glad to hear Whizz Bang was ok, though his rudder wasn't.
Sorry to hear the weather is still the pits; would love to waft some of mine over to you (muggy with scattered thunder showers).
Hope it clears up soon.
Nothings worse than a siamese cat Charlie! ;o))
Post a Comment