As sour as yer hatEarlier, Fur and I went out to get something for dinner. Before we came home, I decided I was going to go into the supermarket to try and find some really thin bread sticks.
Not a bread stick later, but a shopping basket full of 'gourmet' snacks, posh choccy and jelly beans, I spotted a sweet I haven't had for years.
I used to adore fizzy cola bottles, so I piled some of them into an already overladen bag.
Just before trotting off to the checkout, I pondered. Would they still be the same, or had the nanny state/health and safety numpties made the manfacturers dumb them down?
I reached down into the container and picked one out, shoving it into my mouth as quickly as I could without being noticed and was immediately overwhelmed by the nostalgic feeling that my head was about to explode.
Wincing as though I had been kicked in the shins, I grabbed for a hankie in my pocket to wipe the tears that were starting to stream down my face, whilst laughing and trying to hide the fact that although I had a bag of sweets in my hand, there was nothing in my mouth.
Do I feel guilty? Naa. Would I do it again? Yes, but I'll have a pink shrimp next time.
Not a bread stick later, but a shopping basket full of 'gourmet' snacks, posh choccy and jelly beans, I spotted a sweet I haven't had for years.
I used to adore fizzy cola bottles, so I piled some of them into an already overladen bag.
Just before trotting off to the checkout, I pondered. Would they still be the same, or had the nanny state/health and safety numpties made the manfacturers dumb them down?
I reached down into the container and picked one out, shoving it into my mouth as quickly as I could without being noticed and was immediately overwhelmed by the nostalgic feeling that my head was about to explode.
Wincing as though I had been kicked in the shins, I grabbed for a hankie in my pocket to wipe the tears that were starting to stream down my face, whilst laughing and trying to hide the fact that although I had a bag of sweets in my hand, there was nothing in my mouth.
Do I feel guilty? Naa. Would I do it again? Yes, but I'll have a pink shrimp next time.
4 comments:
I don't like the way Sin is looking at that coke bottle. He'll be a coke addict next if you're not careful.
LOL, sc! I think you're on to something there!
Fuff - your side of the ocean seems to have the best sounding sweets! Toss some over this way, won't you?
Have you read all the "stuff" about "pick and mix" and the presence of fecal samples found on some of the sweets tested euugh! I have eaten thwm since. or peanuts on the bar at the yacht club :o((
LOL to Fuff, EW to Rob.
I was thinking the same thing as Seb, lol
Post a Comment