Wednesday, November 8

Drivel

My internet connection has been surprisingly upgraded to 8 meg. I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to do with all that bandwidth, aside from blink and stare whilst pages load faster than your hat.
Also, whilst shopping for glasses yesterday, we bought a new duvet. You know how it is.
It's about half the weight of the old one that now temporarily resides in a large bin; is twice as thick and ever so warm and comfy.
I wasn't sure whether I would get on with the thing after standing on the bed and almost catapulting through the window as the cover slipped under my feet, but I didn't want to get up this morning. I was in duvet heaven.
Could new bedding be better than Valium? Answers please on a postcard from anyone who's tried both.

11 comments:

Bibi said...

I agree with you! I have a thing about new light, fluffy pillows, and; they feel so luxurious and make such a difference.

Overboard said...

LOLOLOLOLOL@ almost catapulting off the bed. LOLOLOLOLOL that's given me a really good giggle at work.

Overboard said...

[p.s my msn went all weird.....]

jin said...

I LOVE the word: DUVET
heeheeee...
David says it all the time, too.
I used to just say 'quilt'.
Now I say 'duvet' & giggle.
:-)

rob said...

Oi! Youv`e got most of mine then! I have to wait until after 11-00 to log on and then loose it at 17-00. I got on to the Call centre and they told me I had a problem with my Sitar? "Bloooody Blind me" maybe tomorrow it`l be OK

Pat said...

I don't dare buy new bedding. I'd never get out of bed!

Citymouse said...

A duvet is better than a valium unless you have children or a husband.

Pat said...

OK. I've just looked at my bedding. You're right, I need to buy new. Fast!
Uggghhhhh...and yuck!

Dan said...

What this? A post about "duvets" entitled "Drivel"?

What's next? A post about "duets" entitled "Driel"? Or something? ;)

CCCCppppCCppp said...

f

the best bedding i ever bought

my faux down (read spun polyester) featherless feather bed mattress topper thingie

it is like a super thick duvet that you sleep on not under

it is comfy heaven

forget valium it is bedding morphine

and it is washable

perfection

Godinla said...

Bedding. Valium. Same thing.