It was barely warm enough to go for a walk in squishy woodland today. Most of the ponies we saw seemed to have enjoyed the boggy conditions that have formed over the past couple of weeks, using them as a great opportunity to roll around in mud.We also spotted quite a few deer and pigs with a mission. The one in the picture was trotting quickly, nose to the ground, in search of oak trees I imagine. Not even a cry of 'crackling' distracted her.
This led to a bizarre conversation with Fur about the means and ways of restraining a truffle snuffling piggy from scoffing its find, plus a few other casual musings I shan't go into, needless to say they raised a snort or two. Imagination is a funny thing.
4 comments:
You have to wonder who looked at the first truffle and decided to try to eat it.
Charlie - You reckon?
TPK - That is something I have never been able to fathom!
Great Piccies Fuffy! I was in Frogham ( without camera as I forgot it! "SROK"- "senility rules OK!") this weekend but didn`t see any pigs only ponies and "Donks"!plenty of "scrat" (sign) though the weather was great if a little wet underfoot, when one thinks that it is nearly mid winter it is truly amazing if not worrying? (thanks Mr Bush for the global warming contribution etc etc)
Rob, that is soooo funny!!!
SROK!!!
Post a Comment