Thursday, January 11

No let up

Whilst I've not slept nor been able to concentrate due to the howling wind outside and subsequent boat clanging and crashing; I have idled some time away with the odd MSN conversation. Example below:

Fur
Hello. Just killed a huge spider on my desk
Fuff
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!

Fuff
Was it running across it (shudder)?
Fur
It was charging me

Fuff
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!
How big was it?
Fur
About 3 inches

Fuff
did you go ERK when the boris charged?
Fur
A bit

Fuff
was it waving its fist at you?
Fur
It had a knife

9 comments:

Fuff said...

Akshully Charlie, it was a Portsmuff boris. Hard as nails.

Anonymous said...

Hee Heee! :o)) years ago we had a "touch in" for spiders and snakes to help people with phobis, I felt sorry for the creatures by the end of the day! (Corn snakes and mexican red legs)

Pynchon said...

I've just been harassed by a spider. It was here last night as well. It won't be here tomorrow.

Ha ha!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Afraid of a mere three inch spider? Don't ever move to Arizona!

jin said...

LOL! :-)

Anonymous said...

I think that spider's brother lives in my town. Yesterday he ate the neighbor's dog. It's been very quiet since then.

CCCCppppCCppp said...

fuff

I do believe these fellows are visitors from another galaxy with world domination in their plans. We have found them to be inordinately drawn to the colour yellow. If a plastic yellow bin is pushed near them they jump in rapidly. Then we dump them outside in the garden where they can do some good eating bugs and all. My mother always said they ate "bad" bugs. How do they tell "good" from "bad" I wonder? She also said they would only come into a dry house and it was a good sign if they were in your house that your house is dry... Do they carry little water detection devices? Is it time for my medicine?

The Phosgene Kid said...

I have an uneasy truce with spiders. If they are outside I don’t harass them, inside I gas 'em on sight. We have Black Widows, Recluse, Tarantula, and Brown Wood spiders, all nasty customers so I prefer to spray first and ask questions later.

Anonymous said...

if the spider is less than 5 inches long-- it needs to die, if it is larger-- i need to leave