Monday, February 26

Noel II
It's getting to the point where days are coming along that would be perfectly well spent out on the water. This is making the boat jobs that should have been sorted back in November a priority. We have to have her lifted out, bottom cleaned and antifouled (spit), topsides polished and keel checked; then back in before the end of March.
The urgency to sort the boat is our cue to the season's approach, longer days; which means evening sailing (thank God) and warmer weather. Though mustn't grumble about the weather as it's been 12 degrees outside for weeks and the sun is shining. The twinkly reflection from the water is back on our lounge ceiling. Spring's here for now..
The season's change must also have affected my mum.
Whilst at her dinner table yesterday, enthusiastically musing about glorious days with gentle to moderate breezes, no more epic voyages and whether Rainex works on sunglasses; she decided to quash our chatter with a temper tantrum about absolutely nothing that lasted until we left.
Despite knowing that she sometimes is 'just like that' and that I should let it go over my head as she is more often than not, a delight to be around; it bothered me to have to restrain myself from reacting to her fight picking. Always a wise choice if possible, however. I shall merely disappear for a few days.
On the subject of fight picking; the ducks are back in the marina. Time to gear up for the many nights of attempted drownings, furious quacking, splashing and general duffing upping to come.

14 comments:

rob said...

Whohoooooooooo! spring is on its way :o))

Anonymous said...

Send her for a weekend with the in-laws. They should all enjoy that.

Polkadot said...

Some Italian twat reached your blog via a google for 'furrfect'
LOL

Pynchon said...

The only good duck is one that comes in curry sauce with boiled rice.

Citymouse said...

spring is slow to come here in the US midwest. but mom's still pick fights to spite that :)

The Phosgene Kid said...

I hope you meant 12 of your degrees. 12 of ours = frost bite.

Too bad about mom, you can never go home...

Dan said...

Fuff, it's always smarter to resist being brought into a fight. You took the high road! Or the high sea! :)

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that treetop in the photo looks like the tree is giving me the middle finger?

The Phosgene Kid said...

'sup fuff??

jin said...

Cute growth spurt!
Now don't treat your baby tree like your Mum treated you!
No Tree Tantrums!
;-)

Pat said...

GORSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH .... how I wish I was with you guys, or Bead (grin). Yep, eventho y'all are looking at a heap o' hard work I'd still give anything for the experience. Must be Spring Fever or sumpin' ... please post piccies - they're the only alternative!

Pat said...

And don't worry much about Mum ... this too will pass, as you know.

The Phosgene Kid said...

You still scrapin' barnacles?

Fuff said...

Rob - It'd better be!

Charlie - Erk

Bead - I have spammed the git

Pynchon - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(crispy fried is nice tho)

CM - Hope the cold subsides for you soon. They don't need much encouragement ;)

Phos - Deffo not 12 of yours!! BRRRRRR!

Dan - Erk!LOL!
Non- confrontational to the extreme!

Phos - I sip, not sup :)

Jin - LOL. I spoil him :D

EC - Just think of me whilst you're basking in a long hot summer, whilst we struggle to keep our goosebumps under control!!
RE Mum - the lunar eclipse appears to have calmed her :)

Phos - Not yet...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1:05 AM

Mummified said...

I find that looking as vacant as possible, smiling and nodding when someone tries to pick a fight really annoys the fight picker and yet - you appear to be acting in an obliging manner - give it a go if you get stuck....
:-)