Monday, April 16

Pain in the arse

Rail bunny
I almost forgot to mention my shock yesterday morning as I awoke in agony, from my right buttock to the tips of my toes.
If any specialists in such matters happen to read the above, an explanation would be much appreciated, although it has subsided now and once I managed to haul myself out of my bunk, limped it off. Sort of.
We managed to get out for a couple of hours of earhole sailing earlier, in around 15-20 knots of NE'erly breeze but didn't have a lot of room as the tide was out and we're nearly up to springs (big tides); though managed a fairly respectable 10 miles.
As I forgot Sin at the weekend, I thought it only fair he came along for a bit of an ear flap.
I've managed to get some shopping in. Foraging for food when home too late to go out, get back and cook had emptied the larder. There's also a finite amount of bacon and toast one can eat.

Yes please!

6 comments:

Fuff said...

Ahahahahaha! LOL! Great stuff CM!

Pat said...

ROFLOL @ CM!
But it does sound a bit like sciatica perhaps? Nothing to worry about, especially at your age. Just an inflammed nerve (the sciatic nerve, as I understand it, is the largest nerve in the spinal column and when inflammed the pain shoots from the buttocks and down both legs -- but it can also occur in only one leg; this one-sided event is common for me). At your young age, the inflammation usually subsides quickly and easily as you discovered, but if it does not then taking a simple over-the-counter anti-inflammatory (such as ibuprofen) usually does the trick quickly and quite nicely.

Pat said...

Oh sorry - I just noticed you asked for comments from specialists. That's clearly not me! I can only claim to being an old hand at pains in the arses - but certainly no specialist! ^_^

rob said...

Ah Ha! we should get on then E.C. :o)) I`ve been a PITA all my life! tee hee!

Dan said...

Oh! I forgot what I was going to say after reading what Citymouse said! Ouch!

Fuff said...

PAt - I reckon that's what it was too and fortunately only lasted an hour or so, but it really hurt at the time. My request for a specialist was exactly what you offered. Teehee :)

Orb - Awwwww. A nice PITA tho :)

Dan - LOL!