I'm no longer feeling guilty about feeding my new friend, as he is missing one of his feet, which must surely put other ducks at a distinct advantage and as far as I know, they don't operate a handicap system.Strangely enough, he can swim in a straight line.
Mullet circle underneath him, not unlike sharks, picking up the crumbs he misses. He isn't fazed by them, as the worst injury one could inflict would probably be no more than a very nasty suck. When they clean the slime off boats with their soft mouths; leaving long clean stripes (inefficient gits), it sounds as though they're blowing kisses.
10 comments:
Betcha it was the female what made his foot go missing! That'll learn 'im!
LOL!
Not unusual for water birds to have only one foot. I guess you remember my tale of the pelican? and the artificial leg I made for him! Yawn do I hear?
I cant really imagine a one legged lecher? :o)) perhaps you are being a bit too presumptve of his capabilities!
I remember Orb, yes. Teehee.
I dunno whether I am being presumptuous or knot, as he brought a girl mallard over for some food at the weekend and let her eat, without touching any until she was finished. Odd innit?
Ah! he`s the rare specis known as "Gentleduck" :o))
LOL. He's a noisy little thing and could be nicer when quacking outside as I am still asleep.
Joys of living on a boat when I lived on my steel cruiser for a while, the swans used to eat the light weed (sea grass) off the bottom and always start at 05.30 it sounded like a pneumatic hammer with the hull availablt to act as a soundbox! real mood setting stuff :o(( I was never late for work!
Heh. He'd better not!
Maybe the mullet are waiting for the other 'shoe' to drop ;-)
Teehee. I hope not Tim!
Post a Comment