Thursday, December 13

Ho Ho Hoerk

With less than 2 weeks to prepare for overstuffing of one sort or another, my master plan to avoid the hoards (sic?) is ready, I hope. Our Christmas holiday has been put on hold for a year, no thanks to work. Frustration aside, it does give us another 11 months to do absolutely bugger all and then panic for the last 4 weeks before we leave.
As a result, I am in charge of poisoning ourselves, my mum and her current squeeze on Christmas Day.
It's going to be hard to do without some sort of organisation (not to mention absolutely not being able to quaff at least one bottle of champers on Christmas Eve), but I'm determined to make the effort and get my act together early. Today in fact.
So with list in hand for cake and biscuit ingredients, I shall orf to the hopefully quiet supermarket this afternoon and begin what seems at the moment, to be a precision military quest.
Will my kourambiedes burn? Will Fur drop the cake on the floor? Will I defect to Turkmenistan?
Tune in soon to find out.

16 comments:

Pat said...

Yay! No outlaws!
(Want mine? Oh, wait a minute - they aren't outlaws, they're kin. Does that count?)

Fuff said...

Pat, all gittishness counts ;)

Polkadot said...

Your blog is far more interesting when the outlaws visit.
Sigh.
I was counting on your blog for my Yule entertainment, too.
Party pooper.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Turkmenistan is nice this time of year.

Citymouse said...

whoo hoo no outlaws... waiting for the next entry!

x said...

woohoo no outlaws. hope your kourabiedes are going to turn out fine. i am not even going to try. maybe melomakarona, that's something i can tackle. x

Dan said...

And now you have less than ONE week! :) How are you faring?

Merry Christmas Fuff!

nanuk said...

Why not defect? You too could become president for life.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Speaking of defects, hope you didn't get any toys from China!!

Pynchon said...

Happy Christmas, Fuff.

Polkadot said...

I get the feeling that your blogging days are over.
;)
No award for you this year.

Merry Christmas Fuffy and Prince.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Happy New Years!!!!!!

nanuk said...

Merry Happy, Fuff!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Did santa bring you a cannon for your boat. That would be cool!!

Cheshire Cat said...

Princess Fuff: Wishing you, Prince Fur, and your loved ones have a fabulous new year filled with much love, prosperity, success, and good fortune. May you remain happy, healthy, and safe, and hope your trip was awesome. ~T&B, etc

Fuff said...

Eric - Git ;)

Phos - No new boat, but I would love a cannon. Even a paintball gun would do.

CM - Not a sausage! A stress free christmas at last!

Chloe - The kouambiedes turned out very well, I forgot to make a vasilopita though.

Dan - Thanks! Happy New Year!

Pynchon - You too :)

Nanuk - Merry happy to you too :)

T - Good to see you again. Hope you have a fab 2008 and bloog a little more..