Friday, July 4

Fridays do something to me..

We finally bought some paint and will be spending what looks like a rotten weekend, weatherwise, decorating (at last).
Just one room though....the biggest however.
The following is a re-cap of a conversation I had with a female colleague, around half an hour before I drove home. I'm no longer nervous of the 50 odd miles I'm doing cross-country everyday, so was still mooching around, instead of nervously perusing traffic updates on the web.

Me: Looking at 12 inch turned up jeans, wondering what the grime lines are half way up
"Nice turn ups Wanda"
Wanda: Glares at me and defensively says "Yeah thanks, I like wearing my jeans this way"
Me: "Oh, I errrr thought you might have had them like that because you had been wading"
Wanda: "Of course not"
(Other collegue is now cracking up and mouthing the word wading between fits of laughter)
Me: "I think I'll put the shovel down and step away from the hole now"

It's probably a good thing I'm not going to the annual company ball (i.e. raucous piss up) tomorrow afterall....

2 comments:

Pat said...

Sooo - she actually does like wearing them that way???? Wow...

Pat said...

Say - what color? (the room - not the jeans...)