Thursday, November 20

Shaddap


I've just been chatting with a colleague about the good news, that despite his impending redundancy, he has managed to secure a job back in Scotland and sell his house here. So he will be off as soon as he has worked his notice period (first I've heard of people having to work through til the day they're booted out the door and certainly for IT). The 'management' obviously can't afford to let them go and would rather they stayed here under prolonged duress until they have earned every single last measly penny. Sigh. I'm so glad I'm a contractor.

Anyhoo. As we were discussing the sale of his house, a nearby earwig decided to add his two penneth, much to my suprise. All in a rather bossy and quite opinionated tone of voice I felt grating at the back of my head.
I tell ya, I nearly told him to feck off and mind his own business.

In other news. I'm about to go into my last 1:1 with my boss and am pondering asking what has caused the atmosphere in here to be as thick as the PMO for the past 6 weeks.
Update: I refrained. Just..

9 comments:

Polkadot said...

Unless it will compromise future jobs, absolutely approach the kant and ask why the attitude.
Do it. Do it.
Only 5 days.
I am so happy for your Fuffy.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Selling a house anywhere in this market is a foking miracle. Glue all your boss's stuff to his desk top when he isn't there one day. I find petty acts of revenge like that are good stress relievers.

The Phosgene Kid said...

If it ain't Scottish, it's crap!

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

How the F*** did he manage to sell his house? Mine has been up for sale for just over a year now :-(

The Phosgene Kid said...

Burn it down and collect the insurance...

The Phosgene Kid said...

Wascawy wabbit!!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Happy Christmas said Spotted Dick...

rob said...

No truuuf in the rumour that you were responsible for the riots in Athens then? :o))

The Phosgene Kid said...

The Athens thing was just a case of PMS that got out of hand.