Sunday, January 29

The Race

The line of breaking waves in this photo is a part of Portland Race. It was quite windy and blimmin freezing. Took my ears about half an hour to recover from the cold.

1 comment:

rob said...

I last went through the race in 2005 and kept to the inshore channel as the tide was running well, some members of my diving club own the wreck in the race called the Kiera or similar so I have also dived the race on many occasions at slack water(about 10 to 20 minutes) pretty hairy as you stick your head up out of the wreck and off you go! I did get cast adrift once from the diving boat in an 8 foot inflatable dingy with no oars and went right throught the centre of the race at full tilt for a joke (not mine I must say)the dive boat wasnt keen to rescue me so I had to get on with it! Going back to the "slot" (the inshore passage) the amount of lobster pots that I passed this time has made me think again as to whether it is really safe to use it again in a power only boat.