Saturday, January 28

For Maria



Portland Bill lighthouse.










I hope it's windy tomorrow so that I can take some photos. The Portland Race (a huge tidal race that runs round the island of Portland) looks like this in a gale.
Even in moderate winds it gets rough, especially when the tide and wind are against one another. I have never been brave enough to be any closer than 5 miles offshore, even when the tide had been to our advantage.
I am told however that conditions are far worse in areas such as Mexico and Bora Bora.

7 comments:

Overboard said...

Ah, but my boat is built for such salty water. Not like your gerp.

Fuff said...

I thought bricks were made for houses? No?

Overboard said...

Not in Lagos. They use plastic there, like what your boat got.

Fuff said...

brick

Overboard said...

gerp

Overboard said...

OMG! OMG! You've made 'Blogs Of Note' already!
So soon!
What panache you have brought into an otherwise dull blog universe. Oh, hang on, ah, it's not 'fuffblog', it's 'fafblog'.
Phew! Thought I was going to have to start curtseying each time I entered your kingdom.

Overboard said...

DON'T go to Weymouth.
Stay and waste your life like me, blogging all day.
Who needs the real world?
I don't!
Uh oh....news just coming in.......severe outbreak of bird flu and airborne warts in ..hang on......breaking up...breaking up.....ah back ......in Weymouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put the car back on the balcony and stay home.