Tuesday, February 21

Not Long to Go...

The days are steadily getting longer. Two months from now and we'll be sailing most afternoons and weekends.
It's difficult to realise at the minute. Every time I go down to the boat to double up her lines, start the engine or tie on the odd fender, I do so as quickly as possible and run back up the pontoon into the warmth.
It seems like a lot further away than 3 months since I was last out. The worst time of the year has got to be Autumn, when Summer adventures come to an end, light slips away and is slowly overwhelmed by darkness, then cold.
Soon it'll be adventure time yet again. Getting used to the chaos of the Solent, meeting up with friends in harbours, Pimms (of course), even dropping off the edge of the world and going further afield.
I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so beautifully put. I love the sign. Is it handmade? Do you have it as a car sticker? I think you'd make a fortune with a 'Gone Sailing' bumper sticker. Put it next to "My Other Blog Is The Soil Room".
Awww. Really, I did love this post. I can feeeel your excitement for the coming season.
Bless you.

Fuff said...

No, I leave a 'Burglars Welcome' sign instead. Durr.

rob said...

:o))