Tuesday, February 21

Comfort Food

I'm bored. Bored, bored, bored. It's feezing cold, windy and I can't muster the will to do much at all, which is annoying me too. Went out this afternoon for a late walk and as soon as we got a mile down the road, it started to HAIL. Sod that, so we went for a drive instead.
These are no ordinary fish and chips. Not being a fish and chip person, they have to be darn good, so we drove 25 miles to get them and they were flippin' lovely. Cheered me up no end. I have also treated myself to some stilton of my own and a box of butterscotch shortbread. Better get walking tomorrow to burn off some of the calories I am scoffing. Saying that, they don't count after 8 anyway.

5 comments:

Overboard said...

LOL Driving 25 miles for a good chippie. Gawd, that looks bloody good. The last time I had meaningful fish and chips, was with my grandfather. It was one of our last meals together. But they got the order wrong. 4 portions of chips and only two of fish. We had so many leftover chips. I took them down to The Avon and fed them to the ducks and the swans.
Gawd, that really does look good. You are so lucky. Hail. Fish and chips. Butterscotch shortbread. You were put on this planet to make me feel homesick.
By the way, blogging apparantly burns off more calories than an hour-long workout.

Overboard said...

Salt and vinegar?
Oh, and do you also go for the mushy peas?
My usual order is
chips
chicken and mushroom pie
cheese and onion pie
mushy peas
curry sauce
and a kebab.

rob said...

I`d usually have six penneth and "a haircut in a bag" please! but I don`t have any hair now.:o))

Overboard said...

And batter bits?

Cheshire Cat said...

You know, that picture is a bit frightening.

I don't that's really a fish at all. If you look at it carefully, it looks like a bunny. A sleeping bunny. A bunny on his tummy pretending to be a fish.

There are the small legs at the bottom, the hanging ears toward the top and a hint of an eye, slyly peering at the camera...