Wednesday, February 22

Cracking Goodies, Sin

Here are the aforementioned butterscotch biccies and stilton (nowhere near as posh as the cheese Maria has). I also bought 'Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were Rabbit' for Sin. He's been bugging us for ages to buy the dvd, as soon as it's released, as bunnies aren't allowed in the cinema.
Interesting fact - On the Isle of Portland, this film was not shown or advertised, as superstition surrounding the word 'rabbit', the animal itself or its image, overcome all sense and reason. Whoever wanted to see it, had to go the mainland.
Rabbits have long been the brunt of discrimination within maritime and quarrying communities. Folklore considers them to be the Jonahs of the fluffy world.

4 comments:

Overboard said...

I'm currently selling V.I.P [very important poultry] Membership for a soon-to-be opened forum called The Soil Room. I understand you have a rabbit and rabbits are quite partial to a bit of soil to burrow into and so, well, here I am giving you the chance, like an early bird gathering the worm, to buy into one of the best forums in the cyber world.
A special six month introductory offer costs a mere $23.50, renewable upon clearance.
Don't miss this chance.
Sign-up now.

x said...

i loved Wallace and Gromit. I went to see it with my son, but i think i enjoyed it more than him.
Nice blog Fuff! I'll be back (threat)

Overboard said...

Finally a classy blogger has commented.
Welcome, Chloe.
Your blog is fabulous.
p.s Rob
You are classy too, but in a masculine way.

Cheshire Cat said...

Well, really, with just a bit of ingenuity, the entire 'rabbit' controversy could have been avoided and the isle of Portland would have had a treat with W&G.

All they had to do was blip out 'rabbit' and replace with 'hare'. Or 'hair'. Every image of said bunnies could have been replaced with large tomatoes or squash.

Honestly! ;-)