Sunday, March 12

Ever 'Found' a Mast?


No? Me neither.
We saw zillions of pheasants out today. I am not very keen on them. Although prettier, they're far more stupid and nastier than chickens and often run out into the road. You would expect them to want to avoid being squished by cars, but they don't seem to mind.
The birds feeding on the shore are Brent geese. I also saw a kingfisher, but he wasn't too keen on posing for a pic, nor was the beautiful egret I spotted in the salt marshes.

6 comments:

rob said...

Had a drive out eh? cant beat it, particularily in such a nice part of the country. Iv`e never been a "twitcher" but I do love to see the more unusual birds around. We had a green woodpecker in the garden yesterday (the one with the bright red head)it was around feasting on the worms and bugs for most of the day. Caused much consternation to the foxes, I don`t think that the red crest did much for their confidence, as they hadnt seen the likes of it before I guess, they left it alone taking great care not to disturb it as they walked nervously past.

Fuff said...

Poor things. Maybe the noise contributed. I'm no twitcher either Rob, but I do like to spot the especially pretty or unusual ones.

Overboard said...

Grampy once hit a pheasant whilst driving down those darn lanes he came to know so well, took it home, plucked it, hung it up in the garage and then threw it away coz he couldn't bring himself to eat it.
Tee hee.
I lurv your collages, by the way.

rob said...

Friend of mine, in his new capri 3 litre "knocked down" a pheasant and chucked it in the back of the car. At over one hundred miles an hour it came back to life and flew around the inside of his car (at the Basingstoke turnoff of the M3 ish) and he rolled his new car several times. (Bloody pheasant wasn`t insured! :o)) ). His car was in such a mess that the insurers stated that the pheasant must have hit the windscreen and caused the accident! Phewww! he was fully compensated.

Fuff said...

Erk. I bet he hasn't picked any up since then Rob!

rob said...

Thats for sure he is driving the latest Bently now a days!