Heaven in a ramekin
A fitting indulgence, I thought. I love simple food.
We were going to go out, but the prospect of staying at home, after a strange week, was more inviting.
As I walked around the food shop, I couldn't help but notice the array of orchids, strayed on shelves and displays, as far as the eye could see. Most of them were of the phalaenopsis variety. The little ones were very pretty. There were, of course, monster sized specimens that rather reminded me of triffids.
I mentioned this to one of the checkout staff. She apparently feels quite intimidated by them and will be relieved when Mother's Day is over and done with, so she can get back to sharing her space with a few boxes of tame Dutch shortcake.
Which reminds me. My mum is coming over on Sunday. I'd better remember to wash behind my ears.
A fitting indulgence, I thought. I love simple food.
We were going to go out, but the prospect of staying at home, after a strange week, was more inviting.
As I walked around the food shop, I couldn't help but notice the array of orchids, strayed on shelves and displays, as far as the eye could see. Most of them were of the phalaenopsis variety. The little ones were very pretty. There were, of course, monster sized specimens that rather reminded me of triffids.
I mentioned this to one of the checkout staff. She apparently feels quite intimidated by them and will be relieved when Mother's Day is over and done with, so she can get back to sharing her space with a few boxes of tame Dutch shortcake.
Which reminds me. My mum is coming over on Sunday. I'd better remember to wash behind my ears.

7 comments:
Yummers! Now I'm hungry again. Bad Fuff! Bad! ;-)
Please remind your Mum to bring over more freshly baked Yorkshire puddings. *panting in anticipation*
Forget about SC getting any. Er, I mean, please place a pair wrapped in wax paper and oilskin on a little wooden sailboat and set her off south toward yours truly. I'm sure I'll receive the package in a few months and savour the yum yums. ;-)
A white orchid appeared in our house locked w.c. (no windows only a fan) and it was months before I realised it wasn`t real, it was apparently more costly than a real one and purchased from our local garden centre, its a very, very, good copy. Much to the amusement of my wife I commented that it seemed to be lasting OK, considering that it spends most of its time in the dark!:o(( pillock!
LOL. I'd post you some T, but they probably wouldn't taste the same!
Rob. I have made that mistake too and have quite often put my nail through a real plant or flower, whilst testing them, which is bad of me, I know. I am bad.
Lol, to you both!
I often test with a light impression between 2 fingers. My nails are very short (no whites showing), so I luckily don't get the nail through petal/leaf result.
Fuff, guess I'll have to savour the pics you post, as tears course down my hungry face and stomach....
Aww, noooo!
I like short nails too. Tried a manicure once, it lasted about 20 minutes.
LMAO!!
Reminds of the one time I tried to have my hair permed... at a salon, no less!
Lasted about 20 minutes also. My mum was amazed. I was totally gutted at the time, cost, and (lack of) result.
i agree: short nails are best. who can type with long nails?
not me
fuffle looks like a favourite
Post a Comment