Gutted. As we were nearing home this evening, I could see from a distance, something that looked like a zillion reflecting eyes. I grabbed for my camera, almost squealing 'what's that, what's that', as at least 25 deer of all sizes appeared in front of us, halfway across the road. The grey, hobby-horse shape in the background, is all I managed to capture whilst scrabbling for my big flash, as they disappeared into the gorse and woodland. Dang.
8 years ago
9 comments:
I was tramping along the coast of syria in a 38 foot yacht with the leeboard in the water when a nurled old dolphin appeared along side about 500 cm off the cockpit, a friend who was sitting with their body virtually in the water could have reached and touched this beautiful creature, it swam with us for about five seconds when my friend suddenly realised it was there and screamed, I was heartbroken as I was sure that we could have established a rapport with it if we had just taken things slowly, it was looking at me as it swam and wasn`t afraid until the scream, when it peeled off qand dive never to be seen again. I would have loved to have been able to take a photograph of it, but alas I just have memories! it was about eight feet long and quite heavily built with various scars from previous encounters and I believe it was Tersiops Truncartis (bottle nosed dolphin and male as it was on its own!)
Yesterday was a gorgeous day as I walked over the Thames, so I took a picture of the Houses of Parliament with the river reflecting the gorgeous bright blue sky. When I looked at the photograph later it appeared, grey, dull and rainy.
England is cursed.
I also took a photo of Dylan in concert once and the photo was nearly identical to yours except that right in the middle at the bottom was some highly illuminated bald-man's head. Great.
Yeah! true,People always complain about the flash reflected off my head,it ruins most photos with me in them!:o))
LOL, Rob. Aren't dolphins amazing? Such a shame about the poor one in the Solent. He was too fond of spinning in prop wash, bless him.
Ta, Fuff, for the attempt at a pic. :-)
I think some things are probably meant to live in our memories and not digitally or on film, so no worries. Your words alone toggled nice visuals in my teensy head. :0)
Rob, pity about your friend's scream. Did he think it was another animal, perhaps? I love dolphins and whales and all manner of sea critters. :-)
I do too! In my office ( in an eight foot tank ) I had a kissing gurami named "eric" he loved strawberries and lived on crickets. He weighed in at about eight pounds 3.5 kilos and was about 320 mm long and 200 high. if my secretary wore red he would charge her banging into the side of the tank quite hard and bare his teeth at her, little sod te he! my wife used to treat her the same too :o))! I was sorry to see him go but he neede a bigger tank so an expert in fish handling came to collect him and re home him. but he got bitten quite badly a couple of times (not good for a so called expert) and so I had to get him out and place him in the travel tank in the guys van. I think that my secretary was pleased to see him go as he also used to eat locust and several escapees were living in her plants so they (the plants) were suffering quite badly as they ate their way through them, much to her disust.
Yes Fuff it was a shame but man does spoil everything eventually and simpler forms of life suffer as a result, if its not infecting the indiginus (spelling) Amazon tribes with the common cold or worse, its mans killer machinery in his attempt to financially enjoy his limited time on earth. I sometimes wish that my buddist streak was stronger but I couldn`t possibly believe in a man with snails on his head although his doctrine is close to my own :o))Yea right!
An 8-foot tank isn't a lot so I can see why you needed to rehome Eric. As for the biting and pushing... OUCH!
Locusts, crickets... eeeeeeeek! lol. I'm an absolute girly girl with regard to these things, as well as roaches, grasshoppers, praying mantises and the like. Ugh.
Rodents and lizards don't bother me, though.
Kieren - This is why I usually take loads of pics, just to stand a better chance of getting one good one.
Rob- You certainly have enjoyed some errr, 'interesting' pets. I'll stick to bunnies I think !
T - Me too.
Post a Comment