Thursday, March 23

This One..

Right. Where do I start?
This morning, the phone rings (as phones do) in my office. The guy who arranges curry night is on the line and wants to talk to me. Riiight. Why? Cos he does, that's why. I enquire as to how he got my number, as I haven't given him my contact details and he tells me that he called the switchboard and asked for me. Most bizarre.
I don't remember giving him permission to do so. Oh yeah, he says he thinks I'm cute too. I am horrified, mortified, astonished. He proposed to my friend only two weeks ago, ring and all. Bastard.
Managed to get rid of him and met Fur for lunch, whereupon I received the charming news that my Greek ex boyfriend, whom I have not seen for five years, has yet again managed to track me down. Great.
Popular or what?
I don't dress provocatively (I'm more often scruffy then anything else), nor do I behave so and I don't go out without Fur. Everybody knows that we do almost everything together and it has saddened me that a so called friend could do this, especially in view of the last few weeks of hell.
As if I didn't already have enough trouble trusting people. Curry is now officially orf the menu.

11 comments:

Overboard said...

Is it any wonder that I'm having a hard time seeing the light when such folks as appear to be stalking you seem to be the norm.
Such actions truly sickens the soul.

Overboard said...

I've been thinking a lot about Mr Curry. I cannot believe he had the gall to phone you. This will surely make your curry night awkward from hereon.

Fuff said...

We're not going to be able to go anymore unfortunately....
I had a job persuading Fur that it wasn't worth wringing his neck over.

rob said...

Sad that an oportunistic "bstad" like that can cause so much upset, he sounds like a grade one ar*ehole. tell fur from me that I am with him on the neck wringing thing. One truly gets to know who ones friends are in life.

11:20 AM

Cheshire Cat said...

Fuff, no need for you and Fur to get upset.

Remind yourselves of the filth these cretins are (despite their great taste in desiring you) and that while they will undoubtedly continue to slither through life on their bellies you and Fur will sail off into the sunset... and have romantic curry dinners a deux rather than with a crowd. :-D

Fuff said...

How right you are T. I am most insulted actually. There's a first for everything and this was a rotten first. How deplorable to be approached by someone for a 'leg over'. Yuk.

Cheshire Cat said...

Yuck, indeed!

We need to have Spoon find you a voodoo doll or few once she heads to Mexico. A great way to strike back at, um, lowlifes, and wonderful way to relieve stress.

Or so I'm told. ;-)

Fuff said...

I'm scared now..

Cheshire Cat said...

Um... why? :-(

I haven't any voodoo dolls, but if I did you'd never be the object of my ire. :-)

Fuff said...

Aww, only kidding.
You must be tired!

Cheshire Cat said...

Whew! Had me going there for a mo'. :-)

A wee bit fatigued, ta, but now I'm wide awake.

Seb accused me of cheating! I'm devastated. :'-(

I think I shall challenge him to a duel this time. Care to be my second? ;-)