
Limited edition, wildfowl collage placemats. A snip at only £69.99 for 6.
Fuff Placemats, often imitated, never bettered.
I took these earlier on the way home. I was looking for donkeys but didn't see any, so went down to the pond to feed the ducks. My camera is almost always by my side these days. A sign....?
Then again, I was most cheesed off the other day when a rainbow rose from the top of a buoy on the water, as I'd left it at home.
The swan wasn't impressed with all the flashing going on. Soon after it stood up and started to walk towards me, I retreated to the safety of the car. Thank heavens it didn't sneeze.
13 comments:
Your pics just keep getting better and better!
Very lovely, dear Fuffster! But also very dear at an extra pounds ten on top of your previously raised price! :-O
LOL, thanks T.
I thought they were a bargain myself...
Well, yes, it is a bargain when you keep adding and adding photos... and now the scrumptious Sin!
Sin! Sin! Sin! Awwwwww!
All right, Fuff... how do you want your moolah? In carrots, chocs, or cheese? ;-D
Great photos! as always I wish I had the skil to do the same! but my camera eats up batteries no sooner I put new ones in (the rechargeable ones are as bad, duration wise)they are flat :o(( ill keep trying though!
I love swans! a very regal bird. I used to breed mute swans and usually we would have many chicks that matured, when they had, we would deliver them to Ollie Reeds house and John Surtees place (they had good sized ponds, acres etc!) and they would eventually reintegrate with their fellow swan population. We used to drive them in a large van and originally we would slip a mutton cloth tube over them ( to stop them injuring theirselves during the journey and place them in an open top cardboard box (so they could see each other) , but that was fairly stressfull for them. in the end we just drove them (carefully) standing in the back with a keeper to look after them. they would stand facing the direction of travel and with wings only slightly open they would bank around the corners, it was a sight to see. we had straw on the floor of the van and padding around the sides etc in case it was needed! they seemed to be unpeturbed by their journey. Upon arrival they would go straight to their respective ponds and settle in immediately. Both the recipients were/are great characters and very interested in wild life (Ollie Reed having departed, was also interested in "The wild life") but I think J.S. is still going strong
I thought you'd change your mind if Sin made an appearance, T.
Rob, you have had some very interesting experiences :) I was a bit wary of the swans. I do not like it when they approach and I'm in the dinghy, cleaning the boat.
Whatever you do don`t feed them from the dingy! otherwise they are quite friendly, by all means feed them from solid ground or the bigger boat 9they like lettuce. If you find one with a piece of fishing line coming from its beak it has probably got a hook in its crop and it needs attention. Grab it by the neck and hold its wings to its side ( usually with much flapping) and pick it up under your arm (their quite a heavy bird) and take it to a rescue centre or a vet (which ever you dont have to pay for. (RSPCA) watch out for a quick squirt from the back end too. If you are not sure just report it. Grabbing it and restraining it would be a sure fire way to sort the men from the bouys! Te He!
I'm never in the dinghy long enough once I've seen them Rob!
Er, thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I tell whoever would need to grab the swan should the situation ever arise .
:)
Don't even go there. 'Often imitated, never bettered'? Let the battle commence. By the way, how do you get that nice squared effect with your pictures? Just a friendly question, nothing to do with competition or anything...
Awwww! I feel homesick already!
Can't remember SC...
Oh really, Fuffling? We'll see about that...
Post a Comment