Tuesday, March 28

I spotted this outside a churchyard

8 comments:

Sarah Letnes said...

I've always been afraid of geese. I've seen those spiteful birds hiss at people, and trample small children.

Fuff said...

Hello Sarah, I agree with you but I do like them, in my own way.

rob said...

Walked past a cowed keeper on my way to the elephant house who told me that the peacock had just attacked her and everybody else that passed it (at the time it was posing in front of the Elephant house doors). As I walked past it fanned up and flew at me agressively. I grabbed it by the neck and dropped it in the pond as I passed it and carried on to the house, suddenly it dawned on me that it hadn`t surfaced yet so I walked back and with jacket off and sleeves rolled up I hoisted it to the surface and sat it on the edge of the pond to dry,( how was I to know they didnt swim) it was feeling a bit sorry for itself and somewhat choking. I dealt whith what I had to do and having made a mental note to take said peacock down to the vetenary surgery on the way back for a check, I left and made as if to pick it up again and with "tail between its legs" it stood up ran off. Never again did we have any more trouble from him, in fact he and several others ( depending who could be caught up ) at the time were cast as "flying officer Percy Peacock" and along with the head keeper used to attend the london air traffic controllers annual dinner. He was actually demoted on one occasion when he refused to be caught up and the head keeper had to go alone, (Shame!) they take their mascots very seriously Im glad to hear. Similar to a stroppy goose in some ways I suppose!

Overboard said...

Tee hee.
[and Rob....thanks......xxxx]

Fuff said...

Another fascinating story Rob, he he.

Cheshire Cat said...

LMAO, Rob!

Fuff, do you suppose the gander are all tame, then? Geese-pecked, as it were? Tee hee!

Fuff said...

Naa, they're all bolshy, T. Lol.

Cheshire Cat said...

Really?! Seems the animal kingdom isn't so far off from the human kingdom, eh?

Oh, wait. Humans are animals. D'oh! ;-)