Tuesday, April 25

Cast orf into the murk

We took the boat to another marina to have some work done on the rig earlier. The little rigger shinned up the mast quicker than I could say 'shiver me timbers'.
I've been up the stick (fnaar fnaar) a few times. I don't enjoy it much at all in a Bosun's Chair as they are like material clad planks. It's not difficult to fall out of the back of one, even though your legs are strapped in (which deadens them). Climbing harnesses are far better and don't cut off your circulation.
The last time I went up, Fur left me there whilst he went to look for something. It was quite windy and felt like a mid-air rodeo.

Up the stick

11 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

PICS!! Wheeeee! :-)

Sorry you had to climb to the Bosun's Chair; hope you don't need to do it often. You must chide Fur on having left you up there the last time. Maybe take away half his dinner and give it to Sin. ;-)

Pat said...

Shame on fur! While I don't have an aversion to heights, I do like the thing supporting me 'way up thar' to be w i d e r than me - so I don't think I'd get along well with that dern fnaar!

Fuff said...

T - He'd probably strangle Sin if I tried that.

EC- LOL, what can I say?!!

Cheshire Cat said...

Ok, maybe just 1/4 of his dinner, then. :-)

rob said...

Teee Heee!!! LoL! Ive gotten stuck up the mast too I was using a 3&2 block and tackle to get myself up there and the whole thing twisted ten feet from the top I had to climb up the rest of the way (eventually)to untangle it! In the meantime, I was asked by a motorboater if I needed any assistance as he stepped upon the boat to get a better view and walking around to the starboard side and then the Port and then to the starboat again! I thanked him and said I didn`t and I asked him not too politely to step of the boat so he stormed off muttering something about "bloody ungratefull Raggies" At the pub that night he came over to me and apologised for his actions and explained that a sailing friend of his had explained "my asking him to leave the boat or stand ***** still" he didn`t realise that any movement of the boat at Sea level was much exagerated at the top of the mast, I was flying around like a conker on a string! The block and tackle (borrowed) incidently had blue poly rope in it, I should have noticed it twisting on the way up but didnt. Ho Hum! there was a time when I would have climbed the shrouds to the first set of head trees, asking a bit much of myself now. :o((

Fuff said...

Charlie - Yes, not the liveaboard, the other.

Rob - Typical eh? Like the story.

SC said...

So fur insists on getting you up the stick? Tee hee. Snort. Sniggles.

Down with the monarchy!!!

Fuff said...

I can be persuaded SC!

SC said...

Most men seem to be a bit thick about this sort of thing I'm afraid, so here's what to do: for God's sake, don't go on about babies. That's a real turn off. Instead, every now and again, start looking at men with babies, young kids, prams etc. for just a bit too long, like you find them quite intriguing, even sexy. Look at the kids too of course, but let him know that you like the look of the men too.

Eventually he will notice and say something. Feign complete ignorance. 'Moi?' you say, indignantly. Keep on doing it, a bit more discreetly, but enough so he'll still notice. Repeat procedure as necessary.

If that doesn't work, tell him that if he doesn't want your babies, you know a man that does... That should do the trick.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind, I'm afraid.

:)

Fuff said...

SC, what on earth on you on about? Cut down on the chocolate for your own sake.

SC said...

You said you could be persuaded. Pass the Toblerone.