No EU ensign on my boatWe have been busy doing some more cleaning and preparation. I lie. Fur did it. I sat in the cockpit and drank beer. This is because I am not only bad, but also lazy.
In all fairness (to myself of course), I have felt like my get up and go, has got up and gone today. I've spent most of my time trotting from home to boat and back again, trying to shake off the listless cloud that's been hanging over me since I got up.
All we need now to be ready for the season is the new mainsail.
Last night we went to a sailing fashion show. It was a hoot. No catwalk models, just victims, pressed and clad in the latest wet weather and swank gear. Saw a couple of good friends and as usual, went home feeling slightly worse for wear. How they managed to get up early this morning to set off for three days of racing is beyond me.
In all fairness (to myself of course), I have felt like my get up and go, has got up and gone today. I've spent most of my time trotting from home to boat and back again, trying to shake off the listless cloud that's been hanging over me since I got up.
All we need now to be ready for the season is the new mainsail.
Last night we went to a sailing fashion show. It was a hoot. No catwalk models, just victims, pressed and clad in the latest wet weather and swank gear. Saw a couple of good friends and as usual, went home feeling slightly worse for wear. How they managed to get up early this morning to set off for three days of racing is beyond me.


8 comments:
you know what i don't know? your boat's name
Three days of racing?? does it take that long??? if they made the races shorter there would be more time for increasing the clubs bar profit.. Oh Yea!!!! shorter races I say!! Have a sort of Yachting Drag racing!!! start from about a mile off the club house and the last one in the bar is a cissy! What do you think? :o))
Iv`e seen that boat before, its based on the iver ast up near me in the Thames :o)) Tee Hee!!!
I'll help you clean!!
Would you believe that the Red Ensign was the flag of Canada, at least until 1965 or so? Maybe we were too lazy to come up with our own design.
It was the Red Funnel Easter Challenge, Rob. The firt RORC event of the season. Three days of short races round the cans. The boat missing its 'f' lives here. I think someone peeled it orf.
Nanuk - I read up on Canada's defaced red ensign. The ideas for the new flag were really interesting.
I am sure you are right "" it was a joke""" :o))The river Ast Doesnt exist!!!Teee Heeeee!!
I'm surprised someone didn't stick an 'L' on the boat, lol. ;-)
Post a Comment