Tuesday, April 11

A Miserable Day

Georgian Bath, shrouded in mizzle
After finishing work for the day, we went to Barf for a burger from Schwartz. Some cheering up was definitely in order, as it's been raining non-stop and blowing a hooly.
I can't usually eat a whole garlic mayo burger, so tend to avoid food all day to stand a better chance of finishing one off. I nearly managed, apart from one little piece.
I've never been able to eat past feeling full. Even if I have a morsel left on my plate, I'd rather leave it, than go past that point.
Fur grew up in Bath. I could very happily live there if it were near good sailing waters.
The coast isn't far, but it's the Bristol Channel, which is more like brown stuff than sea. The tides are also horrendous (the second largest on the planet with up to a fifteen metre range).
The top of Salisbury Cathedral's spire

23 comments:

Overboard said...

I download your blog and read it at home. Have really enjoyed your pics - specially the rabbit with it's botty bitten orf. Gave me a giggle.
xxxx

x said...

not miserable at all. those pictures are amazing. i would have loved to be there!

nanuk said...

I agree with Chloe: your photos are quite evokative, almost gothic.

Fuff said...

Maria
Tee hee, Happy Birthday you nutter.

Chloe
Thanks! You are right of course. Bath is a good place. The weather just can't make its mind up at the moment. April showers are rubbish.

Nanuk
Thank you. I'm flattered.

Stef said...

Ooh, that means you weren't far from me. I live on the Bath side of Bristol.

'Tis a nice town but the nightlife is dull!

Sarah Letnes said...

I love how the tree branches invade the sky like veins or bolts of lightening in the "Georgian Bath" picture. Of course, I'm always partial to scenes of mizzle. (What a great word!)

Cheshire Cat said...

*nick, nick, nicking away*

A place to eat called 'Barf'. Uh...

Cheshire Cat said...

Wot?

You don't find it a tad orf that a dining spot would have a moniker about unpleasant results?

Fuff said...

Silly Billy!

Cheshire Cat said...

No, ma name ist Tea, nowt Biwwy. Ahm a gurl, ah em!

Fuff said...

LOL, stop being bonkers and get onto the sailmaker to find out where our new mainsail is...

Cheshire Cat said...

No, no, too late! Been there, done that! Lol.

Even had a short missive to Prince Fur about your bet. I asked him what if there's a tie... lol

Fuff said...

Then I win, tee hee.

Cheshire Cat said...

That's pretty much what he said, lol. For which I complimented him on being a good man. :-D

I think it was last Thursday, actually.

Fuff said...

He is that! A good Fur.

Cheshire Cat said...

Excellent! Then you two make a most complementary and lovely pair. :-D

Don't suppose you've got Brother Furs or Cousin Furs...? ;-)

Fuff said...

He does have a brother, but he's married and has shorter legs.

Cheshire Cat said...

ROTFLMAO!

Too bad. I don't get involved with marrieds or otherwise involved. As for the short legs, don't laugh. I'm not gigantically tall myself. Only 5'7" (~170.2 cm).

You have any brothers, dear Fuffster? ;-)

Cheshire Cat said...

Oh, dear. Seemed to have scart you orf.

I was just kidding. Honest. :-/

Fuff said...

Sorry, T. Was shattered and went to sleep. Only child unfortunately..

Cheshire Cat said...

'sallright, dear Fuffster. My fault for 1/ keeping you up, then 2/ scaring you with nefarious designs on your (unattached) menfolk, lol.

Hope you did get enough rest and that the day is beautiful in your neck of the sound. :-D

Fuff said...

He he. Don't be daft. Thank you, you too.

Cheshire Cat said...

Can't but help be daft; it's written in my DNA. Those twisty double-helices, you see. ;-)