Wednesday evening dinghy racing - back on until AutumnThis lot were warmer than I was, in their wet suits. Another murky, yet cold day and the wind had just started to pick up, so it felt even colder than it actually was.
Dinghy racing here is fiercely competitive, even more than yacht racing (which can get rather nasty). There was an awful lot of argy bargying going on, as they fought with each other for a decent position on the start line. As Summer arrives, there will be about three times the number in the picture competing.
I like dinghy sailing, it's very different to yachts. One of the great upsides for me is that if you fall in the drink, you won't fall far, will rarely get hurt and getting back onboard is a LOT easier.
Dinghy racing here is fiercely competitive, even more than yacht racing (which can get rather nasty). There was an awful lot of argy bargying going on, as they fought with each other for a decent position on the start line. As Summer arrives, there will be about three times the number in the picture competing.
I like dinghy sailing, it's very different to yachts. One of the great upsides for me is that if you fall in the drink, you won't fall far, will rarely get hurt and getting back onboard is a LOT easier.
7 comments:
You are all mad, wizzout exception.
Naa we're not! I think sailing's quite a sensible step down from hang gliding.
Cor. Yots.
*busily nicking photos*
Nick away!
Bwahahahahahhaha!
Can't argue with that, I suppose. A former colleague did a bit of hang gliding for cherridy, after too little instruction from her boyfriend. She was on crutches for quite some time. Much better to be on aqua firma, methinks...
Post a Comment