Wednesday, April 5

Mugged

I was quite pleased with myself for managing to finish my day's work by 2pm today. I am wondering whether I should have done more to make up for the visit to the sailmaker this afternoon, however.
The season officially kicks off in a week's time and most of the boaty jobs have been done.
So, as it was such a beautiful day and spirits were high, we trogged off to discuss the specification for a new mainsail.
After about an hour and a cup of coffee (could have used a brandy), the order was placed and it should be built and with us within the next 3-4 weeks.
I can never quite get over just how expensive sails are, but get EVER so excited about brand spanky new ones!!
We spent the rest of the afternoon mooching about. Anyone who has read my blog will realise that this is a popular pastime. Saw the usual batch of bunnies, ponies, donkies etc and some deer too. I couldn't get close enough to take a decent picture, there were eight to ten of them in the woodland and they were very aware of my presence.
We also stopped for an ice cream on the seafront, which reminded me of something from last year in Cowes.
We had just arrived and tied up after a cracking sail, so we went for a stroll along the waterfront.
As usual, it was a sunny, warm day and we stopped to buy a couple of cornets. Fur being Fur, had to have the biggest flipping thing they could make. A huge chocolate coated waffle cone, stuffed with about half a kilo of pistachio ice cream, to be precise.
He got a few looks, I can tell you. Most were from grown ups, who smirked and rolled their eyes at him, but some were from children who looked green (boom boom) with envy. I could tell they were probably thinking they couldn't wait until they reached eighteen and could buy the biggest ice cream in the shop, without being refused by their parents. It was very funny, but he felt terribly sick afterwards!


9 comments:

x said...

what a lovely, lovely day Fuffy!
i wish you have many days like these, erm, about 2 billion of them

Overboard said...

Doze are dubbly photos.

Cheshire Cat said...

Fuff, I am disappointed. While these photos are lovely, I cannot believe you failed to take the most important picture of all: Fur's ice cream cone. I mean, aside from the anecdotal evidence of the children's awed stares, how else am I to judge exactly how large it was?

*sad shaking of head. Perhaps even a tear or two slides down T's cheek.*

Glad you had a lovely day; hope Fur's tum is all well now. :-)

I need to find a job that will allow me to live 24/7/365(6) by a large body of water in a nice, all-weather-proof-multiple-rooms-and-baths home, stocked with sexy hunks, books galore, and Internet access. Lots of chocs and teas are understood, of course.

Fuff said...

I'm sorry not to have met the photo criteria T, but unfortunately, this happened last year. A time when traipsing my camera around wasn't even on my list of things to do !
As for poor Fur, his neck is still not better, unfortunately, thanks for asking.
Re the last point, you could always start a career as boat totty (a marine bimbette no less)?!! He he.

Fuff said...

Chloe - May your picnics always be ant free!

Fuff said...

Owen - Let's go down to the Soil Room.

Cheshire Cat said...

Fuff, my apologies. I missed the fact it was last year. I give you my eye to punch for being blind. :-O

However, this does not mean Fur can't have another one, right? ;-)

Sorry to hear the neck isn't better. Gentle heat and massage.

As for me being a boat totty... boat anchor, more like! I haven't the taddiest notion about boats except what fore/aft and port/starboard are. Anything else and I'm sunk. Literally. :-{

Fuff said...

T, I'm sure he'll be able to cope with making himself ill with another this year..I'll pass on the punch if that's ok!
To be boat totty, it's compulsory that you know nothing about boats,which makes you a sound candidate.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Definition of domain name registrar Accept accept visa cards internet Like a toy solder Steganos antispam problem message boards online pharmacies rechargeable batteries Avaya voip static port Stop smoking antidepressant digital cameras nikki benz http://www.payday-loan-online-9.info zyban personal injury lawyer farmers insurance Prescription drug phendimetrazine gate openers Tucson electric park baseball