Sunday, April 16

Quackers

This pair, along with another five drakes, kept me up for most of the night.
It's duckling manufacturing time and there have been a fair amount of squabbles over the female. I snapped this pic just after they had escaped the others for about the fiftieth time (they still look soggy as a result of yet another surprise take off/landing).
It was quite disconcerting to see the drakes attempting to drown one another in the marina.
We have spent most of the day pottering on the boat. It's been warm and sunny.
There was a brief interjection of excitement, however, as I was almost run over by a yacht, whilst pratting about in the dinghy. They were under tow, no astern propulsion apparently and I didn't see them until they were two boat lengths away. A bit of an 'oh shit' moment. That'll teach me to behave like a big kid, playing with oars. Fur was watching, arms folded, as I made my getaway.
Later, we went to my mum's for lunch. Nothing to report, just the usual heated and rather animated debates at the table. Poor Fur, it all gets a bit much for him at times. Still, he received lots of Easter eggs as compensation.

4 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

Yum! Pate de foie gras! lol.

Pynchon said...

Happy Easter yourself, fuff.

Cheshire Cat said...

Eep, forgot to mention the most important thing, which is, glad you're safe and whole!

*shamefaced*

Fuff said...

Ta, you too.