Baby killer death bunnyI feel better about losing a weekend of sailing. It's no fun when it's gloomy and raining, despite the weather forecast predicting a sunny and warm day.
We're going out tomorrow on a friend's trimaran. That should be fun. I've not been out on a boat that has stabilisers before, as I don't really trust them due to the fact that they can capsize (they're happier upside down than the right way up). I wouldn't be going if I didn't trust my friend, who is a darn good sailor. Trimarans are very fast boats and they don't heel (tilt/tip over, nothing to do with walking at their owner's side) like monohulls (or half boats as tri/catamaran sailors like to call them). Not sure if we'll sail at all though, as the forecast doesn't hold up many hopes for wind. Still, we'll have loads of nice nosh and good company.
Must remember to put sunscreen on. The sun always gets me when I'm out on the water, even when it hides behind grey sky all day. Thing is though, no matter what cream I use, it ALWAYS manages to get into my eyes, which stings. So in the effort to avoid burning and inducing UV damage/looking twice my age by the time I reach thirty five, I spend the most of the day with watery, sore eyes. It's never simple issit?
We're going out tomorrow on a friend's trimaran. That should be fun. I've not been out on a boat that has stabilisers before, as I don't really trust them due to the fact that they can capsize (they're happier upside down than the right way up). I wouldn't be going if I didn't trust my friend, who is a darn good sailor. Trimarans are very fast boats and they don't heel (tilt/tip over, nothing to do with walking at their owner's side) like monohulls (or half boats as tri/catamaran sailors like to call them). Not sure if we'll sail at all though, as the forecast doesn't hold up many hopes for wind. Still, we'll have loads of nice nosh and good company.
Must remember to put sunscreen on. The sun always gets me when I'm out on the water, even when it hides behind grey sky all day. Thing is though, no matter what cream I use, it ALWAYS manages to get into my eyes, which stings. So in the effort to avoid burning and inducing UV damage/looking twice my age by the time I reach thirty five, I spend the most of the day with watery, sore eyes. It's never simple issit?
4 comments:
LOL!!
Them's those weevil, red-eyed devil bunnies agin! Eeek!
Have fun on the trimaran,Fuff, keep warm and (relatively) dry, and good luck with the sunscreen (maybe a bit of vaseline/petroleum jelly outlining the area around your eyes [eg, socket border], then sunscreen outside the edges? To act as a kind of block from your eyes.).
Yes, Charlie, Fuffster is a youngun. I, on the other hand, am headed toward fossilhood.
Another fossil is currently LOL:
"Trimarans are very fast boats and they don't heel (tilt/tip over, nothing to do with walking at their owner's side)"
hehehehehe!
Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!
:)
Sailing is my life.
My love.
My passion.
Gush gush gush gush!
Post a Comment