Sunday, May 7

Sunday Lunch

Old gaffer
Anchored
Sea air makes you sleepy. I haven't done a lot today on the water (a nice change) and enjoyed relaxing whilst others did the hard work, but I'm shattered. Not really enough wind to power the boat up, so went to Osborne Bay for lunch, which isn't too far from home and sailed back again.
Sailing on a trimaran was fast and good fun, but I'll stick to a monohull for now. I have eaten too many fufflafel and have coriander breath.

Sunday racing
Egypt Point, Cowes, peeking around the corner

8 comments:

Overboard said...

Cam on! Nip over to Turkey and meet us!

Fuff said...

Where's me passport?

Cheshire Cat said...

Oooooh aaaaah!

What's wrong with coriander breath, eh?

Fuff said...

LOL, nothing if you like that kind of niff!

Pat said...

Fuff, Maria - you'll enjoy this one: In my email at work Friday I received a marketing invite to a bash at a local "yacht club". The only problem is, here in landlocked Denver/Colorado, "yacht clubs" take on a whole different, and entirely funny, meaning to those of us who have experienced real yacht clubs and piers! But you can't tell a Coloradan that! Teeheehee...

Fuff said...

Oooh, do elaborate EC :)

Pat said...

Aww shucks, nothing much to say really. Colorado, clearly, isn't near an ocean or sea, and neither does it have lakes (not many anyway - not even small ones, much less anything like our Great Lakes). So....their largest "bodies of water" are...

Are you ready for this?....

Wait for it...

You really won't believe it...

R e s e r v o i r s ! !

Yep - you heard right. Reservoirs!!

The really funny thing is - you really do see a lot of cars towing boats on our roads here in the summertime! And they, by and large, are not heading out of state!! They're heading for the...

Reservoirs!

Call me a snob, but having grown up in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf and also the Redondo Beach areas, also Mexico's Monterey area, as well as having lived near Chicago's Lake Michigan for a time - I'm just having a hard time (even after having been here 10 years) thinking of a ..... reservoir .... as a "body of water", much less as anything large enough to accommodate a "yacht club"!!

Oh boy ... I'm never gonna get to Heaven if I keep this up!!

Fuff said...

LOL, EC. They've got to sail somewhere...but I agree with you. Nothing is quite like the sea.