Sunday, June 11

Miles and miles

It took five and a half hours this morning to get to Plymouth, to drop some cake and electronics off to Whizz Bang.
The reason for the traffic was mostly down to hoardes of people attempting to run their errrands (i.e. buy lots of beer), before the 2pm England - Paraguay World Cup match kicked off.
All done, we left the fog and got home in considerably less time; incorporating a quick stop at Weymouth for something to eat.
I love Weymouth. It's such a pretty place. This afternoon, I didn't recognise it. The streets were rowdy and full of rather drunk people, predominately wearing red and white with a bit of vomit added here and there (must accessorise dahling).
Anyhoo. Got back in time to go out for a few drinks and after popping home for five minutes, managed to lock us out for the fourth time (too many bloody key fobs, I picked the wrong one).
Managed not to get cross about it, as we have managed to break into our own home without damaging anything before, good thing my wrists are slim.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Wish I had those slim wrists! Every time we lock ourselves out (admittedly, also a common occurrence) we have to climb through a window. Quite a site to see, at our age! Especially since the dogs want so much to "help"!!

rob said...

Wow EC! what a visual picture you paint! LOL

Fuff said...

EC - LOL, I can just imagine! My wrists are a bit bruised however.Still, better than having to break into the boat for the night.

Charlie - Tee hee. Yes, floaty cork things are on one set of keys but I picked up the wroong car keys. Durrr.