Fur sent me pretty flowers this morningEarlier today I was working and trying to arrange a hotel room. Fur has to go to Leeds on business tomorrow and I am going to tag along. Not sure what I am going to do when I get there, so I have ordered the internet too.
Usually, I'm quite good at multi-tasking and have no idea how I managed to get it all a bit wrong. I got the date right on my third attempt. Durr. I blame online calendars and having a blonder morning than usual.
I also had a slight cadenza whilst on the phone, trying to cancel the aforementioned blunders, as a pigeon appeared at a wide open window and tried to flap its way in. Needless to say, I leapt out of my seat (and skin) and bellowed at the pesky airborne rat to chase it away, managing to embarrass myself more than I already had and almost deafened the person on the line. What a pillock.
Usually, I'm quite good at multi-tasking and have no idea how I managed to get it all a bit wrong. I got the date right on my third attempt. Durr. I blame online calendars and having a blonder morning than usual.
I also had a slight cadenza whilst on the phone, trying to cancel the aforementioned blunders, as a pigeon appeared at a wide open window and tried to flap its way in. Needless to say, I leapt out of my seat (and skin) and bellowed at the pesky airborne rat to chase it away, managing to embarrass myself more than I already had and almost deafened the person on the line. What a pillock.
4 comments:
F
You're a stitch. I can always count on a few good laughs when I come to visit.
Fairscape: Tee hee, the pigeon didn't see the funny side.
Charlie: Ohh, definitely. Us soft lot from daan sarf need to have our wits about us anywhere north of Watford, never mind up in T'Arctic Cirle like. Thanks :)
Lovely flowers ... what a thoughtful Fur!
What a hoot (no pun intended?) about the bird ... had me laughing out loud (all by myself) in my office! I can completely relate tho - the other day I had a very similar scene trying to chase a feral cat out from under my car. I resorted to throwing things at it. I should have known better - a blind man has better aim than I do. Ending up pelting my car!!
Awww. That's so romantic. Awwww.
Post a Comment