I have the need to bloog, though I have no material. Or do I? As I am currently typing, I must have. My head's a bit mushy.
It's been cars, cars and more cars today. Test drives and air-con comparisons. I'd rather be scratting about on boats. They smell much nicer than car polish and silicone.
Our roadie has got to go when a decision is made, for a few months. It makes me a little sad, but fades into insignificance if I consider what I would feel, when the time comes to sell the boat and move on to something bigger and more comfortable (i.e slower, wot???).
Boats are so much more than holes in the water, surrounded by fibreglass, into which we pour money. They are a way of life, a getaway, a love affair that never ends for most.
Whizz Bang left a lovely voicemail this morning, before they set off. The start was at 12 and I expect they have settled down by now and are having a hoot, in light E/SE'erly winds (BIG kite up).
There's a bright moon and it will be like daylight out there, hopefully with some phosphorescene to gaze at, whilst sipping a mug of tea with a bit of Fuff flapjack.
8 years ago
2 comments:
What do you fancy for your next boat then? less racy and more comfort? how about a Moody 42? always fancied one of those ! well until I spotted a 60 foot ferro on the hard having a bow thruster fitted wow what a boat! low resale value though! who`s selling? :o))
Charlie - Funny innit, phosphorescence?
Rob - I was thinking a First 40.7, but we'd have to remortgage to buy one right now, hehe. I do like Moodies tho, very solid. Ferro? Naaa.
Post a Comment