Wednesday, July 12

Cherry oh baby

Whilst I was washing these cherries and thinking about the Witches of Eastwick, I thought of another reason why sailing is cool. You can have cherry stone spitting competitions without disgracing yourself, as nobody is watching and you don't have to tidy up afterwards.

5 comments:

x said...

oh do you remember that scene with the cherries in church? ahahaha.

jin said...

I ALWAYS think of that film when I see/eat cherries! :-)

They look beautiful, too. I bet they're real. *SIGH* Very hard to find 'real' fruit here...everything's GMO'd now. :-P
I go without rather than eating the 'fake' crap! YUCK!

Pat said...

Those cherries look delish!
Charlie - if you're not on a boat, you'd best be cleaning up that pit you just spat!

nanuk said...

I heard the Norse used to measure their speed by spitting a cherry out at the bow and reciting a rhyme until the cherry passed too deep in the sea to see. Any truth?

Overboard said...

That's what I did heaps of times on the rally. I'd lie in the hammock, bowl of cherries upon my lap, and spit the pips overboard. T'was tremedous fun.Oh, one day, el slobbo found ONE pip on deck and he went ballistic. Twat.