It's my mum's birthday this weekend. We are going sailing on her boat to Yarmouth.The weather is going to be fantasic. The current forecast is for about 10-15 knots of easterly breeze up our chuff, accompanied by lots of warm sunshine. The Azores High is very well established at the moment and a part of it is set to break away to the north and linger over the country, for a while at least. This is good news for the UK, as Summer depends on this high pressure system to keep the ever moving Atlantic lows at bay.
I'm looking forward to Saturday. We did the same for my mum's birthday last year and had a really good weekend. I've booked a table at a restaurant that has a terrace overlooking the western Solent. We will have to make sure we arrive early though, as the harbour fills up very quickly on good weather days.
There are only a few walk ashore berths, most of the harbour is made up of pile moorings or large floating pontoons. This is what I love about Yarmouth. There is a water taxi, but it's much more fun to use the dinghy to go ashore and fall back in afterwards to get back to the boat.
I'm going to try to be good this time as I remember being very very drunk last year. Everybody had gone to bed, not in the least bit interested in my slurry star identifying waffle. I think I noticed this when my mum disappeared into her cabin, as I poured myself another glass and leant back again to enjoy the view of a zillion twinkles.
5 comments:
Love it. There's nothing better than an east wind up your chuff followed by some slurry star identifying.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You crack me up Charlie!
Tillerman - I concur :)
Rob - Thanks! You too!
Charlie - I'll take lots of pictures to help you to feel better.
EC- He he.
Wishing your mum happy birthday...
Post a Comment