Thursday, August 24

Ees no' a rat, ees a ham'ster

My favourite word
Upon arriving at the hotel, on the Norfolk Broads, a vast network of beautiful, navigable waterways, I had to put my watch back 30 years.
We spent a couple of hours in Norwich first, finding our bearings and getting on with some work, where I'd already changed the time to 1990.
The drive up, once past the M25 was through very pretty countryside. At a first glance, folk are nice, friendly and laid back; nothing at all like people in the south, or Leeds for that matter.
As we walked into the hotel room, I couldn't contain myself. It's got to be the twee'est place I've ever visited. It smells like my grandmother's spare room.
This evening, we're probably going to sit at one of the pubs that you can tie up alongside to and have some food with a squillion ducks and other waterfowl for company. I saw a couple of ducklings asleep on the half deflated tubes of a Bombard dinghy earlier.
I think I'm going to like it here.


Picnic carpet
Priority number one

I haven't seen one of these glasses since I was knee high to a grasshopper
Pelmet and cobwebs
Custard creams - erk. Bit like Marmeet - love or hate
I wonder for how long...

5 comments:

Citymouse said...

The smell of grandma's house! I get that with butter and onions!

jin said...

LOL!!!
Priority # 1 accomplished!!!
:-)

Pat said...

Teehee - I actually like the picnic carpet!

Fuff said...

Charlie - LOL, at leat yer kilt won't be scatchy if it's made from polyesteratsy :)

Citymouse - Ohhhh, butter and onions. Another thing that reminds me of my grandma is the smell of freshly baked bread. Nice memories.

Fur - Hahahaha

Jin - Dang right!!!!! Teeeeheeeeeee :D

Pat - Please...tell me you're joking :)

Pat said...

Teehee! Nope...not! I'm picturing it brightening up a family den area, or perhaps even a child's play room!!