Sunday, September 10

Blowing the cobwebs out

Waking up on a Sunday morning with the previous night's effects of champagne, beer, wine and vodka rattling around one's parched and throbbing skull is an unpleasant experience with few or no cures.
We staggered home at half past late, after spending the evening and most of the night with some friends who are a bad influence and whom I blame entirely for the uncouth and disgraceful state that I'm told I was in. Naturally, I emphatically deny being anything other than 'slightly tipsy', ever.
This afternoon I forced myself to saunter as slowly and stilly as possible down to the boat to go sailing for the rest of the day in bright sunshine and fantastic conditions. The effort paid off and any lingering fragility was soon diminished.
Sea air is amazing stuff and should be available over the counter without prescription.

6 comments:

Fuff said...

Hahahahahahaha!

Citymouse said...

Fuff, you are stonger than I... I guess I just dont have my sea legs after a night like that the motion would have killed me. (But it does look beautiful)

BTW today I had some Swiss Chocolate -- thanks for the advice!

jin said...

Great pics!
:-D

Cisco said...

Aren't weekends fun?...
Particularly when you mix vodka nd wine...

Fuff said...

City Mouse - Excellent stuff! I've never been seasick, touch wood!

Jin - Ta :)

Cisko Kid - Definitely at the time! It's the morning after I have trouble with!

Pat said...

If I recall correctly, the trick is to never go to sleep in the first place! So there you have it: alcohol isn't the culprit - sleep is!!