I have been informed that the in-laws are coming to stay, a fortnight from now. This means that I've approximately 15 days to work out a way to be dead for 72 hours.
This gives me a new angle on my situation. I shall now be 'happy' that I haven't met my inlaws! It's probably for the best & now I will use it to make others jealous! LOL!
Paint your selves with spots and send them a photograph claiming you have long term measles, the sort that leaves older folks pennyless? Its juat a thought!
Ummm I think you should find some other guest (that you like) to pop in a day or two before, unexpectedly and then tell the folks that your friends are in a hard spot ... they may not come or they would at least stay somewhere else.. and you'd have friend as an excuse the whole time... no.. so and so is taking us to dinner...etc.
I have to say I use to feel this way about my mother-in-law. I finally got to the point that I treat her as if I would treat anyone else. I am kind, but I do not let her little comments bother me anymore. Try to enjoy!
worked for me! Longest known dose of mumps recorded in history! :o)) All I had to do was stuff a rugby ball down the front of my trews and moan throught the letterbox to send my in-laws racing back home! wouldn`t want them to become infertile would we? and the way they looked at the "swelling" well worth the effort. Thanks for your good wishes too!
9 comments:
Hahahaha!!!
This gives me a new angle on my situation. I shall now be 'happy' that I haven't met my inlaws! It's probably for the best & now I will use it to make others jealous! LOL!
Paint your selves with spots and send them a photograph claiming you have long term measles, the sort that leaves older folks pennyless?
Its juat a thought!
Ummm I think you should find some other guest (that you like) to pop in a day or two before, unexpectedly and then tell the folks that your friends are in a hard spot ... they may not come or they would at least stay somewhere else.. and you'd have friend as an excuse the whole time... no.. so and so is taking us to dinner...etc.
I have to say I use to feel this way about my mother-in-law. I finally got to the point that I treat her as if I would treat anyone else. I am kind, but I do not let her little comments bother me anymore. Try to enjoy!
f
Not. The. Inlaws.
Marry orphans I always say.
I have a rather long poem on this subject, perhaps I should post it...hmmm...
LOL!
p.s Any news about Lobby.
Fur - Stand in line please....
Jin - LOL. It probably is and I am now immensely jealous. Want to swap? Teeheee!
Charlie - Wot you on about?
Rob - That is the best and one of the funniest ideas I have heard, quite appropriate too. I may try it :)
City Mouse - Thanks :) If I could, I would but they would insist on sleeping on the boat, so I would have to find quite a few friends, LOL
Nadia - Trust me. A couple of days with them is better than their wrath if they were told they couldn't come to stay....
Lori - Hi, welcome and thanks for the comment! Your advice is the route I usually follow. Doesn't make dealing with them any easier tho!
Fairscape - More sound advice there. Hahahahahaha!!! Yeah, them!
Loved the poem btw.
worked for me! Longest known dose of mumps recorded in history! :o)) All I had to do was stuff a rugby ball down the front of my trews and moan throught the letterbox to send my in-laws racing back home! wouldn`t want them to become infertile would we? and the way they looked at the "swelling" well worth the effort. Thanks for your good wishes too!
HAHAHAHAHA! That's sooo funny Rob!!!
Post a Comment