
Whenever my birthday comes round, I think: Summer's over...presents and cake (!)...but also that the season is drawing to a close.
Before I sailed it didn't bother me at all, except for the darkness I have always despised through Autumn and most of Winter. One good thing about being all nautical and wotknot, is that sunrise (eh?) and sundown times have become part of my daily routine, so I can count down to Spring by the minute.
There's no escape from weather systems that charge across the Atlantic this time of year in search of landfall and many, if not most, end up here. Especially on the South coast.
Other than now, it's only in Spring that I watch the forecast intently, after a long slog of cold and gales; eager to seize the first opportunity to cast off in anything other than awfully cold/diabolical conditions.
There aren't a lot of evening opportunities left this year to drift, swoosh and occasionally slam about (work commitments to blame *spit*), leaving only the weekend.
This Saturday and Sunday are looking a tad rubbish for sailing so far, so I made a pastitsio to practice for the many more that will no doubt follow.
10 comments:
Can I PLEASE have your recipe!!I love postitsio I have tried a few and they just arn't right. (I think the woman who give them to me leave something out!)
That looks sooo good.
I mean really
really
really
GOOD.
The good thing about Japan is that the sailing is okay in the winter. I'll be living near Osaka and intend to go down to the marina there to hop aboard others boats.
Waffle.....
p.s Your grub looks so delish.
pastitsio! i make a fake one with minced soya (fraud).
it looks very good Fuff.
it's been raining here all day. it rained yesterday too. and the day before. it happens in greece too. isn't that a consolation?
xx
City Mouse - Email me and I'll send you the recipe :)
Jin - Oh it is!! Can be made with soya so good news for veggies too!
Charlie - Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Mother's Pride too? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, it's too much for me to bear. Do people catch glowing haggis and use them as nightlights?
Bead - There's plenty here in winter too, but can be pretty cold. I remember when you had JD and stayed on her in the Winter. If we had sake here too, nobody would need heating.
Chloe - I'm glad you don't miss out and use soya. At least it's fun (hmm) in Athens when the heavens open and new rivers appear. The only thing the consoles me is that lack of twilight in Greece. The night doesn't hang around really does it? One thing I do like about Autumn is the beginning of tons of name days.
first off thanks for stopping over. second what is pastitsio?
Katy - Welcome. Thanks for visiting too. Pastitsio is Greek, a baked macaroni dish in the photo.
Oh! Can I have the recipe too please?
Pretty Please?
I have the soy crumbles in the freezer just waiting for something new to try!!!
:-)
Charlie - I want one.
Jin - Corse! :)
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!
:-)
Oh...sure sounds good...can't wait until I have the time to try it out! :-)
Post a Comment