Since Fur's parents left yesterday, I've found it quite difficult to gather my thoughts about their visit.
I won't go into specific events that unfolded before my accustomed, yet bewildered eyes. Firstly because Fur reads my bloog (no matter how much he agrees, they're still his parents) and also because it would probably look petty and more fitting to a sewing circle if I were to elaborate and go into the gory details.
Anyhoo. No matter how many times I see them and how prepared I try to be, I am ALWAYS caught off guard by one thing or another. By things that I just couldn't ever imagine doing or saying myself, let alone being on the receiving end of.
After they left yesterday, I wanted to sleep and forget about it. I am still reeling from certain things though, as I usually do, sometimes for weeks after an 'encounter' with them. Especially about something very rude that Fur's mother said about our boat (NEVER insult someone's boat).
Change subject.........
Today we went to Southampton Boat Show, a short walk from home.
We trogged about for hours; on the pontoons, in the halls and stalls and stands and Guinness tent malarkeys.
I am soooooo tired, plus we didn't even buy a boat after all the miles of walking effort either. Just some useful glue and clothes.
I think we might have to go back tomorrow and try a bit harder.
8 years ago
15 comments:
LOL @ charlies comment!!!
How come he ALWAYS gets FIRSTS?!!?
(I SWORE I was going to get first comment on this one!!! Now I'm swearing cos I didn't!!!)
:-)
Love Charlie's comment too and am still chuckling - but I have to disagree. At this point I do think the best thing to do is to forget it all as best you can and put it behind you. Otherwise you might still be stewing about this visit when they spring their next one on you! Now that would be bad. Very, very bad!
I have met you in real life. I love you. And Fur.
I think you need an additional blog :) you know write it spit it out and get rid of it!
Charlie - Hahahaha, mercenary so and so..
Jin - LOL :) !!
Pat - I won't forget about it. Will all probably come out when the rage sets in...teeheee.
Charlie - Hmm?
Bead - Awwwww xxx We love you too, even when you're pithed ;)
City Mouse - Hahahahaha! Nice one!
Confucius say: you care about Fur so much that you are fearful of his parents' disapproval, as you see this (unlikely) possibility as a threat to your future happiness together. You are therefore pre-emptively attacking as a form of defence. You are also young and a little insecure. You are therefore quite possessive, albeit needlessly, over Fur.
You can be very controlling. This springs from fear and insecurity. Fur loves you very much, and his parents want the best for both of you. You need to relax, to allow people to like you as they invariably do, and to try to like them back. Lesson endeth. Twenty quid please.
Seb - He he. Not at all. Nice try tho...still not telling :) 20 quid??? Hahahahaha! Get it right and I might give you a fiver!
Hmmm. Confucius say - or was it Bill Shakespeare? - that the lady doth protest too much. The use of humour is a diversionary tactic and a masking technique which we all use from time to time when someone is getting too close to the truth, which is hard to accept, and even harder to admit. That'll be another twenty quid ta.
TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME NOW OR ELSE I'M NOT PLAYING.
Oops sorry. What I meant to say was, Confucius say that the diversionary and masking techniques are wearing thin already - the use of the same technique, albeit at greater volume, simply affirms my earlier points.
LOL. NO. Not telling, so there :)
Confucius say: pretending to make this sensitive subject into a playful game is yet another diversionary tactic, which distracts us from the painful truth. TELL ME NOW OR ELSE.
WOT? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Confucius say: signs of anger are signs of a lost argument.
TELL ME NOW OR ELSE I'M GOING TO TELL FUR TO EAT A TIN OF BAKED BEANS BEFORE HE GETS INTO BED.
Teeeeeeheeeeeeee.
We have a spare room :P
GOOD NIGHT TO YOU MADAM.
Post a Comment