Sunday, September 24

Wandering


Black headed gulls (though only in Spring and Summer) look sweet but are actually naughty, cantankerous little gits

A pretty Contessa 32
We woke up this morning and decided to stop doing tiring things for a day.
My legs ached from the 39 miles I subjected them to, whilst walking around the boat show all day yesterday. Not even the promise of some freezing cold Guinness could have tempted me to go back for another day.
We thought about going out for a blast on the water, though ended up watching others standing still against the ebb tide through Hurst Narrows, relieved that it was not us that had missed the last gate.
I'm not feeling so down about last week's antics anymore, as anger is steadily and predictably setting in. I am however finding myself in the all too familiar position where I have the answers to everything that happened, albeit 3 days late. Erk.

Peregrine falcons are also frequently seen in these parts...

4 comments:

jin said...

OMG!!! That's where they went! We had a family of 7 Peregrine Falcons in town this year & they mysteriously disappeared...now I know why the local spaniels have not been hungry.....

The Dog of Freetown said...

Good description of the seagull. Perfect, in fact.

CCCCppppCCppp said...

f

You just need a good sail to work all the kinks out.

Fur probably loves you so much because you do not resemble his parents in any way.

When you think of all the ugly stupid things they say just consider the source.

Fuff said...

Charlie - Yes I know. You'd have thought they'd have more sense than to fling themselves orf walls and cliffs, what with them having wings and wotknot.

Jin - Teeeeeeeheeeeeeee!

Kieran - I thort so :)

Fairscape - Thank you :) You're right, sailing is a good cure for most things.