Monday, September 25

Orange

As far as I'm aware, the only good things about Christmas are orange Matchmakers, lots of champagne and Jin's amazing creations. By the time she starts to make decorated cookies and Christmas cakes, I may well become enthused by the idea. Miracles do happen, or so I'm told.
I was cursing under my breath as I mooched around the supermarket aisles the other day when I came across a section of seasonal to be in 3 months time confectionary, mince pies and puddings.
Why do they have to do that?
Orange Matchmakers are only ever made for Christmas so I guess I should shut up, as I bought some. Hypocrite.

8 comments:

jin said...

YAY!!! YAY!!!
I got FIRSTS!!!
AND an honourable mention!
:-D
Oh...wait until you see my truffles & fruitcakes & gingerbread houses!!!

What's a matchmaker?

Pat said...

Yes: what is a Matchmaker?

And, um, sorry - but I love "The Season"! But I will try very hard to not grin too loudly whilst around OK?

PS: Has Fur forgiven me yet? :)

Citymouse said...

Even thought the Christmas holiday stuff in out in the stores here in the states, we still have Halloween and thanksgiving to distract us for a while more.

Pynchon said...

There won't even be a Christmas "Top Of The Pops" this year. Boo.

I have watched that show religiously on Christmas Day since about 1971, even when it has been terrible.

Fuff said...

Jin - Huzzak! Oh I can just imagine :) I shall post a pic of them later.

Pat - Ugh. Yes, of corse, nothing to forgive. I'll take a piccie of the matchmakers :)

Edina - Yeah. LOL, another name for a matchmaker that I know, is someone who arranges marriages. Totally irrelevant!

City Mouse - Yep. The Halloween stuff is annoying too, but it's not around for 6 months of the year!

Pynchon - That's a shame. Hope you're feeling better.

Charlie - Hahahahaha!

CCCCppppCCppp said...

f

This is one candy we don't have here. Both Hubby and my Mom enjoy/enjoyed orange/chocolate. Mom liked the chocolate covered orange creams you can buy by the pound at good chocolate shops while Hubby prefers to eat bakers chocolate at the same time he eats an actual orange. Chocolate is good no matter what as far as I'm concerned.

rob said...

Frys chocolate creme for ever!

Fuff said...

Fairscape - I love confectioners chocolate, the type that has so much cocoa in it that it's virtually impossible to bite. Orange creams are fab too.

Rob - Yeah!