Monday, October 2

Pipe dreams


I'm thinking about opening a retreat for the vocationally challenged. A kind of work/life balance opportunity I believe could be popular.
Not for individuals overloaded with stress and work obligations. On the contrary. It would be for those who find that getting through one's career is an impossibility without regularly standing on the necks of others who mind their own business and attempt to achieve their targets through graft and other decent means that appear to be extinct in many who run round the wheel of the rat race, anticlockwise.
The principal ideology would revolve around making these bastards happy enough with themselves and their pitiful little existences to develop interests in things other than bullying, back-stabbing and the various associated, nasty habits they may have developed over the years.
Through social development and lifestyle coaching, I think some may stand a chance of coming out the other side with more substance than they initially had when they reluctantly slithered into counselling.
Of course for those who resist; electric shock treatment and other methods of therapy would always be an option.

7 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah, I agree with Charlie, though I usually end up hurting my knee, so I would gladly pay someone else to do it.

Fuff said...

Charlie - I shall add that to the list.

Dan - Hahahahaha! I feel an itch in my palm already :)

Pat said...

I like the way Charlie and Dan think ... but the thought of electric shock therapy is just too appealing - especially if applied repeatedly and I get to watch!

Note: Ne'er fear good folks, me Mum and Dad sent me here with a note from home: "The opinions expressed by this wayward and often sadistic child are not, at all nor ever, the views of the parents."

teeheehee ... <|:))

rob said...

Believe in yourself and that those who need to stand on your shoulders feel innadequate and that they are "smaller/less compitent" than you" (in every way)and need your support to be seen/heard. wake up every morning and shout I can I will! so I can hear you from here! :o))

CCCCppppCCppp said...

f

You'd go broke providing this service. No one ever recognizes themselves as being in need of change. At this point I have decided that people who grossly misbehave are of a species other than myself and I do not waste any time on them. They wouldn't listen or change even with electrodes attached to their gonads. Geez I sound cynical this morning. I do believe I need some chocolate. Oh jinny...

Citymouse said...

I’ve been thinking a lot about how torture ignorant people. If you need any help, let me know. With the real estate market so slow I was looking for some extra work on the side!

Fuff said...

Pat - LOL. I'll let you turn up the voltage on preferred individuals. Cackle.

Rob - Very kind as always :)

Fairscape - Hmmm. It would be fun trying, regardless of the outcome.

City Mouse - I'll let you know!!!