I don't think I've ever seen so much rain here in one day.
I woke up this morning to a full on gale and the theme of blowing old boots (pardon the euphemism) continued throughout the afternoon with the addition of torrential downpours.
The New Forest ponies looked so utterly fed up, they just stood in the rain and grimaced. It was far too wet to take any pictures, or open windows as I discovered on the the way back.
All I wanted was a little fresh air, as we created a bow wave, driving through a heavily flooded part of the road. Unfortunately for me, another vehicle pulled up and a jet of water came blasting through the 3 inch gap I had left, soaking my hair and face before I had the chance to close the window. Git.
I also managed to lose the stylus for my funky phone thing somewhere down the side of the seat and am relying on a sharp fingernail to play Bubble Breaker.
8 years ago
4 comments:
Tee hee.
Save the nail...use a pen cap!
Good thing for sharp nails!
:-)
Flutter your eyelids and get Furr to do it for you!arent the little stylis`s plastic covered metal? if so then a small magnet, similat to those for bilge hiding tools could prehaps be used?
Much rain here at Bton too 8/9s in the marina (claimed by marina boating staff) waves over the wall and spray landing a couple of pontoons back (as it does occasionally) dont think I`ll go for a sail today, even if I had a sail boat! "Make for sea" would be my cry today, if trying to get home, in this weather. No chance of a fast entry into Bton today even if I was right outside the harbour entrance. Perish the thought! :o(( euuuugh!
Post a Comment