For the past week I have been suffering from Blooger's Elbow. A condition known to affect mostly laptop users of the Bloog world. A feeble excuse, but not a lie, although the previous week's bout of bird flu didn't stop me..To be honest, I just haven't really felt like it.
Tomorrow is Guy Fawkes Night. The annual celebration of the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot and demise of the man whose intentions to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605 failed.
Whether a good or bad thing, it would have been a shame to destroy such a wonderful piece of architecture and London's tourists would have lost out on their favourite landmark from which to pose in front of. HP sauce wouldn't have been invented either, a good reason for them to stay if there ever was one.
Fireworks, obviously, are the main theme and bonfires; never complete without the addition of the all important Guy, a stuffed effigy of Mr Fawkes himself that's ceremoniously and contemptuously burnt on the night.
Most firework displays have been organised for this evening. As I type, the sound of a bazillion pyrotechnics is reverberating around the marina and my thoughts are with all the poor terrified dogs that will no doubt be attempting to crawl under the feet of their owners.
12 comments:
Fuff, when you feel like blogging, blog. When you don't feel like blogging, don't.
Simple as that! ;)
The more I see of governments by and large, I am thinking Guy might have had the right idea. Not that I advocate blowing up architectural wonders or anything…
We hate fireworks at our house too. We have two doggies who just about jump out of their skins when the noises go off. Of course, away from the house, they are quite beautiful.
At this time of the year though, they are a no go. Total fire ban here 'cos everything is tinder dry going into Summer.
Is that true about HP sauce?
I FINALLY own a dog that isn't bothered by fireworks. It's absolute bliss. LOL.
David says that is one of the noisiest nights of the year over there!
I agree with dan, too. Never force a post. :-)
Or a pooh.
If you want to clean brass or copper HP`s 4 U :o))
Yay! A post from Fuff! I do whole heartedly agree with Dan...but still in all, it's good to see anudder post from ya Fuff! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better...hope the elbow is on the mend too.
If I'm in our home office during fireworks both of my dogs (one's 60 lbs, the other 95 lbs.!) try to climb under the desk. This is actually much preferable to me being anywhere else in the house like, say for instance, watching TV...'cuz then they both try to climb on the couch and into my lap!!
Dan - Yep, that's the idea!
TPK - I get your sentiment exactly.
Mummified - Ah yes. Summer! Not long now (counting the days)
Maria - Yah.
Jin - You're very lucky, you do have a retriever tho and being gun dogs, a lot of them are ok with the noise of fireworks :)
Rob - I didn't know that! Do you apply then lick it off or something?
Pat - Thank you. I haven't ever blooged unless I feel like it. It just happens to have been a bit more than the usual few hours this time.
If you are using cheap Sony Lithium-ion batteries you could get blogger's lap, where the batteries burst in to flame and the computer melts in your lap. Keep a fire extinguisher handy!!
We dont ever get to burn anyone here state side, darn!
TPK - My Vaio uses those kind of batteries, tho I can't say they were cheap. I'll keep a fire blanket on my lap just in case!
Charlie - Cruel man. Ta!
City Mouse - Glad to hear it :)
Tillerman - LOL
Post a Comment