I know. Enough of the soft toy malarkey, but I laughed out loud as soon as I saw this late Christmas present from my mum earlier this evening.Initially, I thought it was a lemming, only to be corrected by Fur, who informed me that it's actually a sheep. As it's a sheep (or she?), I spose her (its?) name will have to be Flossie.
I've never been a collector of squishy, fluffy toys (the naming of which in particular), though have received more in the past four years than I can ever remember. Perhaps this is a sign that my raging twenties have now mellowed and that I am going soft as I get older.
I think not!
10 comments:
Dang Charlie! You beat me to it! LOL!
I think the name Flossie is reserved for holsteins. One of our fram freinds just called his lamb "Lamby", it was a free range lamb and would come up to you and untie your shoe laces.
receiving plush toys isnt a sign of getting soft, it is a sign that you have everything and people are wanting to get you something personal! I usually suggest vodka!
Tee hee.
If you get tired of him you can always cut him up & make woolen socks with his carcass!
;-)
But is he microwave safe, only one way to find out...
Good old Jin, we were just talking about cannibals and here she is hacking parts off your sheep to make lampshades. No wonder no one wants to vacation in Wisconsin anymore; you'll wind up as decor or fridge fodder.
soft toy gift's from a mother to an adult child are a symbol of life's longing for itself... if you get my drift
You coudl set him on fire and call him "The Flamer". Of course you wouldn't have him any longer so there really wasn't any point in naming him in the first place.
Its female. Look. It has breasts (or is that a fat roll?)
I am most disturbed at the suggestions that I burn the latest addition to my fluffy collection. Even my mum called to tell me I'd left a vial of something for it behind and I can only hope it's lavendar oil and not petrol.
Post a Comment