Friday, March 9

Bird's eye view

I rediscovered Google Earth on my laptop this evening after wracking my brains in an effort to remember where somewhere was.
This followed a very strange dream I had last night. My dreams have been very odd recently. Probably something to do with late night cheese and pickle sandwiches and The Amityville Horror.
I was eight years old when I snook the book, later to become a series of rather ghastly films (the first on TV last night) off my grandma's bookshelf and secretly read every night until I was either too tired or scared to carry on; quickly closing my eyes before putting down the book and switching off the light.
It took ages to get the image out of my silly head of Jody the pig's red eyes in the window and I've never re-read the book.
I do watch the film when it's on though for some reassurance that the 'real' thing was far, far less monstrous than what my rather vivid imagination had created.

Lapels: I am not and have never been mentally ill.

18 comments:

Dan said...

Probably something to do with late night cheese and pickle sandwiches and The Amityville Horror.

You think this might have something to do with it? How about EVERYTHING to do with it! :)

I love Google Earth!

Fuff said...

Really? LOL. You think so? Teehee!

rob said...

Great piccie of th marina!

nanuk said...

What kind of cheese and what kind of pickle?

Fuff said...

Rob - Ta!

Nanuk - Vintage Canadian cheddar and Branston pickle. I'm going to make one now.

The Phosgene Kid said...

So are you the third boat from the left on the jetty?

I live the Amityville Horror, only it is more like the EL Mirage Terror in Spanish with English subtitles...

Pat said...

I love Google Earth! Son and I travel all over the world on it!!

Polkadot said...

Blimey
Your readership has doubled since Lonna Vash linked you!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Google Earth would be better if you could delete things. I could find the Wal-Mart they are building near my house, hit the delete button and poof it is gone.

Pynchon said...

It's a strange thing. I fretted for ages about loading Google Earth, because I have a real fear of loading new software in case it wrecks my PC. But I did it.

I played with it solidly for two days... and have never touched it since.

I think I might remove it.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Well, if you aren't mentally ill, there's no time like the present to start!!

jin said...

Ohh...so am I the last one on the earth to not have ever used google earth?!

I'd say I'm going right over to try it, but I'd be lying.
:-P
LOL!

The Phosgene Kid said...

'sup fuff??

nanuk said...

I think Fuff is in a geo-stationary orbit somewhere above the North Atlantic. Time to get back to earth.

rob said...

Wheere ya! why no posts???? :o)) your missed!

Citymouse said...

miss you

The Phosgene Kid said...

Still out swabbin' the poopdeck or what??

jin said...

Hiya fuffy!
:-)